S52 OBDII Wiring Kamasutra 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
    I think ill just get some blanks with plastic covers so I can rig the transponder inside, like the keyless entry fobs. You're talking about mounting the e36 ring on the e30 tumbler somehow then?

The fpr or running losses valve that mounts on the chassis is as simple as installing an x pipe in the fuel supply lines after the fuel filter.
    My question is regarding the fuel pressure sensor that mounts on the fuel filler neck, afaict that sensor connects to the e36 body harness, how would the ecu perform with out that information? You do connect the FPR to the harness

I'm staying obd 2 for now to stay within budget, getting it to run is a matter of wiring it properly. Same reason i stayed OBD2, its easier than you think
    I'm planning to keep the secondary air pump, modify the e34 oil dipstick tube, slot the booster over a half inch, install the running losses valve, install the ews, and try and retain as much as possible from the getrag 240, original clutch, and driveline.

Ill also be fitting the e36 m3 exhaust to the car with 4x o2 sensors. If you're doing this because your state has emissions then you better install everything emissions related from the charcoal cannister even to the throttle body heater hoses and put everything in the original location with original hoses etc. Atleast here in CA you don't pass unless you... $$$... if you know what i mean. I still had eBay long tube headers and i made a Y- with flanges so i could bolt up the e36 exhaust. I Y'd again after the cats to a single 3" to a muffler to make it lighter/simpler. All you need are the original cats. The rear O2 sensons don't do squat to you. I had O2 simulators on there ; |

Any thoughts about the feasability of my plan?

Originally posted by choleaoum View Post
    So this is a pretty much complete diagram? Wow I really lucked out then lol.

As for "starter immobilization relay", when you mention through pin 3, you mean cut and hollow out pin 3 to route wires to it?
    i did that on my first car, but it was such a PITA that i never did it again. Just brought the wire from the side of the adapter harness all the way inside to the EWS.

yup. everything you need is there.
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

So to be on the safe side, I cut the original x20 connector and solder on the c101 connector correct? And what about the coolant temp sensor? It's originally a 4 prong the new tapped one is a 2 prong.

Comment

I always splice engine harnesses. Solder after splicing if you want, but never crimp.

The coolant temp sensor is one wire from the c101/x20 adapter. Use the "brown top" m20 temp sensor. If you have an OBD2 engine/head, you won't have a place to thread it into. The OBD1 heads had two temp sensors. One for the computer. One for the dash. Obd2 combined them so you need to either Tee the OBD2 and the M20, or tap the OBD2 head to get the M20 sensor in there. Sensor grounds through the head/engine so its just one wire from whatever pin i said above ; | Have fun.
        No more e30s for me.
        91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
          The OBD1 heads had two temp sensors. One for the computer. One for the dash. Obd2 combined them so you need to either Tee the OBD2 and the M20, or tap the OBD2 head to get the M20 sensor in there. Sensor grounds through the head/engine so its just one wire from whatever pin i said above ; | Have fun.
          Early OBD2 engines had both temp ports, one was just blocked off with a bolt. My '96 M52 engine had two ports. Was a nice surprise when I found it.
          M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
          Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
          M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

huh unbeknownst to me. my s52 eventually granaded by a broken collet that dropped its valve so the replacement head was from an OBD1 e36. If it wasn't for that i wouldn't have ever had a water temp. Oil temp was good enough for me (via aftermarket electric gauges). Thanks for that bit of info.
            No more e30s for me.
            91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Ah makes sense, so I can just remove the old obd2 coolant sensor? Then how would the ecu know the coolant temperature? I have the 2 ports but a hose is connected to one of them and leads into th throttle body I believe. I can't figure out how to bypass it there was a thread about it.

Comment

Thus the picture i posted. You need to have BOTH sensors. You either need to tap the head, rethread the sensor, or you can buy mine ready to bolt in ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

hi guys! is there any problem if i have a manual transmision but my m52 ecu is automatic?
                  can someone give me the m52 harness colour diagram? i need to plug it on my engine.
                  thanks!
                  sigpic
                  https://twitter.com/PetrolHeadSpain
                  http://spainpetrolheads.wordpress.com/
                  https://www.facebook.com/PetrolHeadsSpain?fref=ts

Comment

Alright, flame me for reviving an old ass thread, but does anyone happen to have ettxz's wiring diagram, or pics in the original post? I know he said someone PDF'd them in post 34, but that link is dead now too. Anyone happen to have these?

Comment

Originally posted by jotam3 View Post
                      Alright, flame me for reviving an old ass thread, but does anyone happen to have ettxz's wiring diagram, or pics in the original post? I know he said someone PDF'd them in post 34, but that link is dead now too. Anyone happen to have these?
                      What exactly are you looking for? I've got M52 and S52 OBDII wiring diagrams with EWS I don't mind sharing. PM me
                      M/S52 Wiring Diagrams

Comment

I need those diagrams too if possible. Thank you.

Comment

Well my laptop burnt a long time ago and i no longer have ANY of these files guys. Just tried digging in my old email accounts. Nada. Mammoth_e30 is the only forumner i know of that made a similar excel with the pinouts as i had. Sorry and hope that's enough lead.

Sold my last e30 sept 2012 and that was probably the last time i logged on r3v. I'm racing motorcycles now and if i ever get another track car i'll be on a e46 M3. So signing off again for a looong time,

-etxxz
                          No more e30s for me.
                          91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Sorry to revive a thread from the dead... anyone still have the wiring diagrams?
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Since everyone is asking for OBD2 wiring diagrams, I'll share mine. Please use these as guides and verify all connections with the wiring diagrams for your year/car/engine!

First one is for a 1991 318is (M42) to a 1996 328is (M52). Please note there aren't built in connections for the oil level sensor on 318i cars. EWS wiring included if you need it.
                              91 318is (M42) to 96 328is (M52) OBD2 Wiring Diagram -318is M52 OBD2 Wiring Diagram

Second one is for a 1990 325i (M20) to a 1998 Z3M (S52). I have included diagrams for oil sensor wiring, EWS, and fuel pump relay (was located under the dash on Z3M cars). The Z3M S52 wiring has a few quirks that aren't present on the M3 S52's. Make sure to check the correct wiring diagrams for your engine/car/year.
                              90 325i (M20) to 98 Z3M (S52) OBD2 Wiring Diagram - 325i S52 OBD2 Wiring Diagram

PM me with any questions, I'm happy to help out. Please verify your connections by looking at wiring diagrams. I am putting these up as guides but they WILL differ from car to car. **I am not responsible for any damage to your car, engine, wiring harness, etc.**
                              M/S52 Wiring Diagrams

Comment

Thank you!! Doing my research now, trying to find as many conversion diagrams as possible to compare to the ETMs and pinouts etc. I have everything nice in excel so at some point I will post mine up when finished as well
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X