M30 In Business Biotch!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 In Business Biotch!!

so i finally got my M30 running.... took a while.. .and alot of interchangine wiring harnesses, but finally just took the wiring harness from my M20 and hooked it right up to the M30 engine. (all i hooked up was the engine crank sensor and fuel injectors) and it started right up!!!

albeit it was a very rough start considering i had no AFM sensor and all that other shit.... but it started... it's loud with just the headers!!

I did have a problem with my fuel pressure regulator however, and ... didnt' open up... I guess I didn't have enough vacuum hose pressure??? anyway, i hooked hte hose up directly to the fuel rail and it started up,,,, but it stalled out kinda quickly bc it was too much pressure (uuuuh, no pressure regulator!) so i dont know what's goin on with that..I did replace the vacuum hose with a smaller diameter hose.. .that could be it.. i'll get a larger diameter hose tomorrow... do fuel pressure regulators die out?? and if so.. why?

Special thanx to Rs4pro3 and Azzkikr for their advice and help.... thanx guys..

It's not over, however.. alot more work to do.......
    Attached Files
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Wow, looks cool :up:
    BMW, The Ultimate Flying Machine.
    sigpic
    2003 BMW e46 325i-sport 1987 BMW 335is Turbo (in the making) 1974 Triumph TR6 (in the making)

Comment

the engine dying right away could becuase of the afm not attached.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Just an FYI I ran my M30 this weekend without the AFM attached. It ran for about 5 minutes without any problems then I turned it off. If I had to guess I would say the fuel pressure regulator problems are causing the stall. Of course without any sensors hooked up you are at an even larger disadvantage. AFM would be helpful for sure :) Fuel pressure regulators do fail and when they do its a lean condition because they "fail safe" by not allowing enough fuel to flow. Unless your regulator was sitting in artic air or something it should be fine. More than likely the vaccum is the problem unless the regulator sat in a wet environment and the spring rusted or something crazy like that. The only pressure regulators that I have seen fail are from the diaphram gettting hard and brittle and cracking so that the vaccum does not open the regulator.

As for the sound of headers... its a throaty good sound. I just finished welding up my exhaust tonight and I ran my car for about 3 minutes with it. It ran at much higher RPS but it was a lot quieter. Now I can actually drive it on the street.
        Last edited by azzkikr; 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Good job !!!!!!!

Comment

yeah, now I gotta figure out why i'm idling at 1000rpms.... and i feel that from azzkikr's experience... once i get an exhaust installed, i'll b idling even higher...
            Recent Rebranding!!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

for you guys with high idles have you checked your throttle cable, if it's hooked up yet, to see if it is allowing the throttle to close completely?

Comment

mmm, good point.... that's my mission tomorrow. interesting.
                Recent Rebranding!!
                E30 SM62/S62
                E30 M60 V8
                E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

it should idle around the 850 mark. Lower would be cooler. Then the car would shake more at idle.

:bow: M30 4 life!

TIM

Comment

Working...
                  X