Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome fab skills - 4WD turbo Mini project on youtube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^"I of course, do not want an elephant scrotum in my mini life." - Nik Blackhurst
    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that it's a lot of work to fit a Toyota Celica drive train/suspension into a Mini. I can't say I've driven a 4wd Celica, but of all the 90's Toyota cars I've driven, I was never like "Oh, this car is such a great platform, I have to transfer it to another car!!" And yes, I know Toyota raced the 4wd as a rally car at some point, but they are starting with the street car. So...yea. Just a lot of questions. But I do love their fab skills with limited tools. That to me, is why I keep watching.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

In episode 19 of Project Binky, we make a start on the vehicle's electrical system, make a few brackets and drink plenty of tea. It's all systems go in the c...

Comment

Good episode. Don't be afraid of wires.

Comment

In episode 20 of Project Binky, we continue working on the mini's electrical system and solve (we hope) the ancillary drive conundrum. There's an unbelievabl...

Comment

Just finished watching episode 20. I'm always dissapointed when each episode ends. I always look forward to watching whenever I get a notification for a new episode. I love the attention to detail.

Comment

I love the detail they go in to, but the anticipation is killing me.
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

every episode they kick it up a notch. i think its finally time to throw them a few bucks
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  My M60 V8 swap thread here
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

In episode 21 of Project Binky, we work on the interior of the car building a centre console and some door cards among other bits and bobs. This is all just ...

Comment

Anotha one! I'd recommend everyone to donate to their Patreon if you like their videos, there's a $1/mo tier.
                      We're in deep now boys
                      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                      1988 340iL - Track car
                      My M60 V8 swap thread here
                      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        I'm beginning to think that it's a lot of work to fit a Toyota Celica drive train/suspension into a Mini. I can't say I've driven a 4wd Celica, but of all the 90's Toyota cars I've driven, I was never like "Oh, this car is such a great platform, I have to transfer it to another car!!" And yes, I know Toyota raced the 4wd as a rally car at some point, but they are starting with the street car. So...yea. Just a lot of questions. But I do love their fab skills with limited tools. That to me, is why I keep watching.
                        Why even doubt it? They obviously know what they are doing with all aspects of the build being methodically thought-out.

Comment

The "All-Trac" as it's called in the US actually has quite the cult following. A friend of mine has one (GT turbo) and has owned it for many years with several engine/turbo iterations.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I love that build. Partly because my wife is English, partly because the attention to detail is insane, and partly because I have always said if mini made an awd car I would be interested for once.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              Why even doubt it? They obviously know what they are doing with all aspects of the build being methodically thought-out.
                              BLAH! Do you know how many projects are done that end up being a total turd? I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, they obviously do. The frame gig amazing, and was a key part of the build that many people over look. Others would have built on jack stands and called it a day, and ended up with a nice twisty frame.

.....I'm just saying, when you throw a Mini at Toyota Celica at terminal velocity, what's it going to drive like? My guess is a super short wheelbase Celica, with mini looks. That's all. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. Just something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                BLAH! Do you know how many projects are done that end up being a total turd? I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, they obviously do. The frame gig amazing, and was a key part of the build that many people over look. Others would have built on jack stands and called it a day, and ended up with a nice twisty frame.

.....I'm just saying, when you throw a Mini at Toyota Celica at terminal velocity, what's it going to drive like? My guess is a super short wheelbase Celica, with mini looks. That's all. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. Just something to think about.
                                They had a whole episode regarding the geometry of the wheel base. These guys are next level ocd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X