Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This setup works perfect :)
    Looks good man!
    E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
    E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Ya I machined dowels into everything to locate everything, and ya I rotated the trans to 20 degrees. If I didn't have the oil pan already built I would of set it at 30 degrees for more ground clearance on the trans sump but 20 degrees it will have to do.

I would imagine gs6-53bz would be real easy if it was used awd.

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
      Thanks! Interesting. I assume you're still using the dowels to locate the T-case... are there any location features on the transmission?

There was (is?) a guy in England trying to build an S62 AWD E30 M3. He had a similar arrangement on the back of a Getrag 265.

BMW used the GS6-53BZ in AWD cars, so it already has a good rear housing for use with a T-case. The more I think about it and the more I see how strong the E30 T-case is, the more OK I am with just using it. I'll probably have to cut up an ATC-700 input shaft and weld it to a 4HP22 AWD output shaft to get the two to play nice together.

ETA: oh yeah, and you're also tilting the trans to the M20 angle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Bolting up the automatic E30 T-case would be "only" a matter of making the right adapter plate. Getting the shafts to play nice is harder because there wouldn't be a guibo.

Comment

Really wish I had more time to get in the garage lately but I'm still hoping to be driving it this spring.

Sent the hot side out to get ceramic coated, now I'm looking into reconfiguring the turbo drain. Its extremely tight so I'm going to hard pipe it till it clears the manifold then go to braided line and drain it into the block above oil level. Just as a note, dont drill and tap a fitting into the block were it's at in the picture for an ix, motor mount is completely in the way, good thing it's a scrap block.

Also some new goodies showed up last week, I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

do you have any information on how you're attaching the front diff?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              do you have any information on how you're attaching the front diff?
              Should be plenty of pictures of the oil pan further back.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                Should be plenty of pictures of the oil pan further back.
                OK, i found what I was looking for. I think i missed it. Looks pretty damn cool and inspiring honestly.

Comment

Amazing work! Seeing an M20 bolted to a DCT makes me warm and fuzzy inside:p
                  Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Build is awesome. Now I want a IX.. I see some awd drive drifts in my future.
                    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Drilled and tapped the block, not gonna lie I was pretty nervous about that but it turned out perfect.

Bottom end and trans is in for hopefully the final time. The rest of the parts will be In for the head this week so I can assemble that next weekend hopefully.

Still so much work left but there's light at the end of the tunnel

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I like that AN cooling line at the back of the block.

Comment

[emoji7] it's so pretty
                          Z45 cam, forged rockers, +1 valves, upgraded springs and retainers, and all cnc ported.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I like it first

Comment

This thing is begging for 30lbs of boost!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X