No announcement yet.

How To Guide - E36 Steering Rack Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply dude. It may be an illusion, but comparing your pics the e36 rack looks lower. There seem to be more space between the oil pan and the e36 rack.

Thanks again.
    BMW, The Ultimate Flying Machine.
    sigpic
    2003 BMW e46 325i-sport 1987 BMW 335is Turbo (in the making) 1974 Triumph TR6 (in the making)

Comment

what size exactly i should cut the spacers doem too.?????? cuz im thinking about put some heavy grade washers ont that bitch........

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Originally posted by japspecvr6 View Post
        what size exactly i should cut the spacers doem too.?????? cuz im thinking about put some heavy grade washers ont that bitch........
        The only space you cut is the aluminum one you use to shorten your steering knuckle. Otherwise I used the rack spacers as is.

Comment

yea i know.......i cant find alumnium spacers around here......so i was going to put some washers.......i kinda wanted to know about how many washers i need.....and i finally got my knuckle off. today....that shit was a bitch.......

Comment

Thanks Ely for your help.

Thanks Ely for all your help and the time you took to respond to all my PM's You are a super Dude.

Ralph.
            BMW, The Ultimate Flying Machine.
            sigpic
            2003 BMW e46 325i-sport 1987 BMW 335is Turbo (in the making) 1974 Triumph TR6 (in the making)

Comment

Originally posted by japspecvr6 View Post
              yea i know.......i cant find alumnium spacers around here......so i was going to put some washers.......i kinda wanted to know about how many washers i need.....and i finally got my knuckle off. today....that shit was a bitch.......
              I have an extra aluminum spacer because BMA accidentally sent me 2 of them. I will measure it and post the measurements this evening.

As for the knuckle.. wait until you have to put that beast back on.

Comment

oh boy................

Comment

i think i still need help......im gonna snap some pics tonight........

Comment

will e36 318i steering racks work? is it worth the upgrade? there are 2 at a bone yard by me
                    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                      will e36 318i steering racks work? is it worth the upgrade? there are 2 at a bone yard by me
                      Yep.. it's the same rack. The rack I installed was from a 97 E36 318i

Comment

sweet, looks like ill be updating my steering rack.

what happend to the guides pics?
                        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

hosted on another site
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

what happend to the guides pics?
                            FIXT!
                            Last edited by RobertK; 12-21-2006, 11:52 AM.

Comment

what happened to the measurements????? your illin me Ritalin.........Lol

Comment

I gotta dig that spacer up out of my mess of a garage when I get a chance. Sorry for taking so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X