S38b36 Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S38b36 Fuel Injectors

I am doing a rebuild on the top end of my s38 and I have a few 24# injectors sitting around (new). I am contemplating swapping them in and decided to look at what the factory injectors run. Original injectors are the white/yellowed tops part number Bosch 13641317446; Or fuel injector number stamped on the side: 0-280-150-701. It looks like they are the same injectors as on the euro S50.

See http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...low_Rates.html

BOSCH

LBS/HR

CC/MIN

GRAMS

PSI

BAR

0-280-150-701

So I looked at the injectors I have which are Accel with the better atomization head. I have 4 right now, brand new.

Accel 150124 Performance Fuel Injector
    Products specifications
    Driver Type 12 V saturated circuit
    Fuel Rail O-Ring Outside Diameter (in) 0.574 in.
    Injector Advertised Flow Rate (cc/min) 255.0cc/min
    Injector Advertised Flow Rate (lbs/hr) 24 lbs./hr.
    Injector Impedance 14.4 ohms
    Injector Plug Style Bosch/Amp-style
    Manifold O-Ring Outside Diameter (in) 0.573 in.
    O-Rings Included Yes
    Outside Diameter (in) 0.943 in.
    Overall Height (in) 2.880 in.
    Quantity Sold individually.
    Seat to Seat Height (in) 2.270 in.
    Wiring Harness Included No
    Accel Performance Fuel Injector provides precise control of fuel delivery and atomization for increased power. It features high design impedance and utilizes a precision-ground pintle design to produce ultra-fine fuel atomization. This injector offers improved throttle response and enhanced fuel economy. This fuel injector facilitates easy installation with precision-molded O-rings and fine-mesh fuel strainers.

High design impedanceImproved burn efficiencyImproved throttle responseImproved fuel economyExcellent atomization of fuel
    And some technical data. http://data.prestoliteperformance.co...ons_150124.pdf

Any thoughts on this or should I just send them out to be reworked?
    :drink:?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

If they physically fit, they're probably fine. Will you be running a performance chip? Custom dyno tune?

Comment

I am not sure whether the ecu has a chip already but maybe eventually will have one. As of right now I am just wondering if it makes sense to replace the 25 year old injectors with new ones. No custom tuning beyond that at this point.
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
      X