Manual Swap - Pedal Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Swap - Pedal Bushings

So I'm in the process of manual swapping my 1990 325is w/ airbag. I have a complete pedal box and pedals from an 85 eta. I understand that the airbag pedal box is the same part number so I only need to swap the pedals themselves over. Easy peasy.

The issue: The old pedals have worn bushings in them that I'd like to replace. But all the performance sites like Garagistic, IE, etc. have bushings for 4/89 build dates only (which the auto car is).

So, I have early pedals, and a late pedal box. Which bushings do I buy? Do the right ones even still exist?
    Build Thread

I bought them all from BMW (in Australia mind you). All very cheap and all very available. jump on realoem.com and find all the part numbers and hit up the parts suppliers or go straight to bmw.

Comment

Thanks! I actually did some more searching and was able to source oil impregnated bronze bushings in the right size off McMaster Carr for $3/each. Beats out the $10+ each for OEM or more for performance online.

Maybe someone else will find this helpful. Don't buy BMW specific bushings! Haha
      Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X