Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to my Roots

Hey R3vLimited!

I wanted to kick this build thread off mostly so that I actually stay motivated, but also, because I've never really had the chance to start one of these from scratch, so here we go!

Here's what I'm starting with:

1990 325I, 5-speed. I don't remember the mileage off the top of my head mostly since it's been sitting in my brother's driveway for the last like 5 years. Basically he bought it about 7ish years ago and had the timing belt snap. He had another M20 put in the car but this one started burning some serious oil, so he collected just about everything that was needed for an M50 swap (which is waiting to be put back together in the garage). He's since got a job that involves a ton of travel, and has a kid, so no more time for E30 rebuilds which is where I come in. Both he and my sister-in-law are tired of looking at this thing and having the parts take up half of the garage so a deal was struck. If I get this Bimmer going again, she's mine. Coincidentally, this is exactly how I got my first E30 back in high school.

Anyways, the lofty goal I'm setting for myself is to have it roadworthy by the next Philly Radwood show. So October-ish. A few people at work also made a convincing case for a turbo as well, which is something that I'm considering as long as I can get the snail for cheap-ish. Since I work for a fairly well known performance engineering company, intercoolers and piping would be very easy to come by. But we'll see how that goes.

Until the next update!

-Nick

Looks like a great place to start, and if you have the resources there's little reason to not go turbo.

Also dig the gold pinstripe, maybe you should take a cue from that and get/make gold wheels for the project?

Comment

dont forget to change the timing belt... and send us a couple pics of your girlfriend...

welcome!

sent from hell using Tapatalk
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      '90 325i sedan daily driven
      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Great base! I'm having the same issue with my passenger door weather stripping drooping down. I think at some point the door was removed and the previous owner did a bad job re-hanging it.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Looks like a great place to start, and if you have the resources there's little reason to not go turbo.

Also dig the gold pinstripe, maybe you should take a cue from that and get/make gold wheels for the project?
          Thanks! and yeah that was my thinking too. If it's going to be the project/fun car might as well go for it. Amongst the parts strewn across the grage I already have 2 different Megasquirts too, so even tuning wouldn't be a problem.

That was already a thought too actually haha. The wheels on it now are terrible and garbage, so they're going for sure. I'm hoping I can find a decent set of 16s in gold or black. I was sort of thinking of going with some Diamond racing wheels

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
          dont forget to change the timing belt... and send us a couple pics of your girlfriend...

welcome!

sent from hell using Tapatalk

Ahaha well, at this point you're only going to get photos of my FOST in that case. The Bimmer is now the side piece ;D;D

-Nick

Comment

Working...
          X