Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
    Rims: 16x8J offset/ET35 all around
    Car: 316 4 door
    Springs 40/60mm
    rear: e36 compact axle
    front: z4 hubs

I plan to to put on the front 205/50/16 Toyo Proxes T1R and on the rear 225/45/16 Nexen N'Fera SU1.
    I probably will need to roll the fenders to clear the tires right?
    Currently it just squeezes in with 235/50/17 with ET42.

Since i already know the 235/50/17 ET42 barely fit without scraping i used this calculator to see how much difference there wold be with 225/45/16 ET35. Seems to be working, but will roll the fenders anyways.

Comment

Hello! I recently aquired a set of 17x8.5 ac Schnitzer type 1 monoblock et13 rims. I am planning to use them with 20mm 5x120 adapters. Question is, what tyre size i can use? Im not really a fan of stretching. I have an early pre coupe. What are the options?

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
        Hello! I recently aquired a set of 17x8.5 ac Schnitzer type 1 monoblock et13 rims. I am planning to use them with 20mm 5x120 adapters. Question is, what tyre size i can use? Im not really a fan of stretching. I have an early pre coupe. What are the options?
        Won't fit. Best option that i can think of is to sell the wheels.
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by jebus View Post
          You would be at a -7 offset, unless you doing major fendor mods that will not fit at all.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures for et13 17x8.5?

Comment

Oh wheel fitment masters out there, I need some help.

I'm changing up my set up a little bit. I currently have 16x8.5 ET 8 wheels with 205/45 tires. I'm going to go to a 16x8.5 et 20 setup. I'm imagining that it would fit with the 205/45 tires. However, would it be possible to run a 205/50 tire with the new et 20 setup? Would I need spacers to clear the front struts? The fenders are rolled/pulled already, and the car sits on H&R/Bilstein sports.

Thanks in advance for any help!
              Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

Anyone have pics of 225/40/17 up front and 245/40/17 in rear or 225/45/17 and 2245/45/17?

Comment

Racing dynamics fitment

Hi, I'm really interested in buying a set of racing dynamic wheels. The following is a description of the size...Size = 16x8, offset 33mm
                  Lug spacing is 5 on 120mm.
                  Center bore = 72.56mm

Do you think these will fit if I get a set of 5x120 to 4x100 adapters? Do you think I'll need to roll the fenders? I will be going with toyos 225x45x16s. I have h&r race springs. Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
                    Hi, I'm really interested in buying a set of racing dynamic wheels. The following is a description of the size...Size = 16x8, offset 33mm
                    Lug spacing is 5 on 120mm.
                    Center bore = 72.56mm

Do you think these will fit if I get a set of 5x120 to 4x100 adapters? Do you think I'll need to roll the fenders? I will be going with toyos 225x45x16s. I have h&r race springs. Thanks
                    What MM are the adapters, most of them are 20 which would put you at a 13 offset. With 225s you will probably have to roll, you will also have a decent amount of poke (wheels outside the fenders).

For reference, I have 16x8 et23 and it fits perfect with 225/45R16, I could actually go out another MM or 2 if I wanted but I think its right where i want it right now in the front, the rear I will probably bump out a bit.

Comment

Nice, thank you for your advice. I haven't even thought of adapters yet, was just hoping the wheels would fit. Good news though...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
                        Nice, thank you for your advice. I haven't even thought of adapters yet, was just hoping the wheels would fit. Good news though...
                        Are these open wheels or do the bolts have a cover? If they are covered you could drill and fill then get 10mm spacers and you would get a perfect fit.

Comment

What’s up Staszek, you helped me about 10 years ago to get the right fitment for my C5 salad shooters and I’ve come for your help again!

I’ve recently purchased some ACS II monoblocks I want to fit on my car. I’m using Nasieg’s 5 lug kit so an e36 front bearing and I’ll be using the z4 rear hub to get me to five lug. The wheel specs are 17x8 et38 and they currently have a 225/45/17 installed. I want to fit a larger tire for when I do my engine swap but I’m not sure what size spacer to use or how big of a tire I can use. I’m thinking 235 or 245/40 though. I don’t want to be super stanced ( the car is currently on a H&R sport cup kit ) so I don’t mind if they aren’t flush. I’m more about tire on the ground.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
                            What’s up Staszek, you helped me about 10 years ago to get the right fitment for my C5 salad shooters and I’ve come for your help again!

I’ve recently purchased some ACS II monoblocks I want to fit on my car. I’m using Nasieg’s 5 lug kit so an e36 front bearing and I’ll be using the z4 rear hub to get me to five lug. The wheel specs are 17x8 et38 and they currently have a 225/45/17 installed. I want to fit a larger tire for when I do my engine swap but I’m not sure what size spacer to use or how big of a tire I can use. I’m thinking 235 or 245/40 though. I don’t want to be super stanced ( the car is currently on a H&R sport cup kit ) so I don’t mind if they aren’t flush. I’m more about tire on the ground.

Thank you!
                            Let me think about that one. Haha I gave advice 10 years ago and it worked lol :)

Comment

Looking for some confirmation on tire sizes / fitment:

I have a set of 16" Style 5s from a e38 7 series that I wanted to put on my e30 with (blox?) 18mm 5 lug adapters.
                              Was planning on buying 205/45 R16 tires. Car suspension is all stock, but hoping to move to a Bilstein struts with H&R shocks here shortly.

Will this fit without any additional work and not rub?

Thanks
                              Last edited by RickInABox; 02-07-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I have a set of 16” oz futuras that im going to refinish with new barrels and lips. Im going to step them up to 17”. I want to go as wide as possible while replicating the same flush look I had with my 17” style 5s with 20mm adapters. How should I go about calculating this? I found a chart online that if I read correctly states I can do 4.5” barrel and 3” lip if i kept the width at 8” and et at 0 same as style 5 but not sure if thats accurate. I get lost once I try to figure out a wider fitment.

93' E30 Vert
                                11' Evo X

Comment

Working...
                                X