s50 Rods in m20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50 Rods in m20

Well, some S50 rods may have fell into my lap.

Is there anything I should know before throwing them into my m20? I assume standard S50 rod bearings will work without any problems? What kind of power numbers will they hold before being ejected from the block?

I figure they should be a direct upgrade, but I figure I should ask just to double check.
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

You'll need new rod bolts as well.
    I'd imagine they would handle at least as much power as the S50 made.
    What else are you doing to your engine?

Comment

Originally posted by E30-325iS View Post
      You'll need new rod bolts as well.
      I'd imagine they would handle at least as much power as the S50 made.
      What else are you doing to your engine?
      Rod bolts are a given.

Engine is getting a stock rebuild until I blow it up, then I'm building a 2.8 or 2.9 stroker. On the 2.5 setup I'd like to push 350 wheel. I just don't want to throw a rod through the block.
      Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
        Rod bolts are a given.

Engine is getting a stock rebuild until I blow it up, then I'm building a 2.8 or 2.9 stroker. On the 2.5 setup I'd like to push 350 wheel. I just don't want to throw a rod through the block.
        What part of "blow it up" DOESN'T involve a rod thru da block?

t
        pushing a 15" wheel
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
          Rod bolts are a given.

turbo S50 make more than that. like everything just needs to be properly tuned and itll be fine
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
          X