1968 bmw 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 bmw 2002

1968 BMW 2002 4 speed manual looking for a new home. This vehicle is a driver and not a show car although it stops just about anyone in their tracks.

$13,000 asking or partial manual transmission e30 trade with cash on your end

The car is located on the outskirts of Boone, North Carolina and I can arrange for the car to be delivered within 400 miles of Boone, NC.

Mileage unknown

--------

Has some things here and there that need finished. There's plenty left to do to make it your own. Runs, drives, stops, lights work, blinkers work, dash lights work. Currently registered, insured and driven on nice days.

So I'll start with "Stuff to finish"....

Needs front seat belts - I dont have any to come with the car.
    Shifter could use rebuild as it feels sloppy although it still drives ok and all gears are accessible without trouble.
    Exterior trim needs put back on (yes I have the trim)
    right rear window latch is broken and needs replaced.
    The center console is missing (bought it like that)
    Left column stalk broken (yes blinkers work fine, they are on the right side of column)

::New stuff::

Ireland engineering exhaust system ( I also have a new header for it comes with the car )
    Wheels and tires (Toyo tires / Corsa wheels) If you dont want the wheels I have some 13" wheels with year old rubber on them - they look like enkei92 but I can't remember exactly...
    Radiator hoses (also ie)
    Metal door panels (ie)
    Adjustable front seats (I have the original seats too but they do not have the headrest portion and they are in need of repair)
    Windshield seal and back glass seal are also new.

The bad...
    Of course there is issues - its not a garage queen... It gets used...
    -Eventually going to need to do valve seals. Smokey start ups after sitting over night. Clears up after a few minutes.
    -Some rocker rust towards the rear
    -Needs and outer axle boot right side.

Other notes: Mileage unknown. The vehicle currently has an electronic fuel pump as IÂ’ve been having trouble sourcing the proper mechanical pump located on the motor. The last two I ordered did not have the correct angle to allow fitment. The original one works but does leak. You could probably rebuild it but I put that electronic pump in there for now and it works fine unless it sits for a little while then I have to help it.

I do not have the original steering wheel for it and the suspension is an unknown however it has the right stance to suit my taste. They are some kind of aftermarket spring with no markings and are cut - It actually rides decent.

Again, this car is an ongoing project and overall just a fun car to own. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Looking to trade for e30 plus cash or just sell out right at 15k.

EMAIL ME FOR PICTURES : I GUESS I DONT HAVE PRIVILEGES TO POST PICTURES... SORRY - I'M JUST A LONG TIME LURKER AND DONT POST MUCH

MY EMAIL IS ELIOTKB@GMAIL.COM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eliot; 06-03-2019, 07:19 AM. Reason: price change

Still for sale?

Comment

yes, I still have it... and enjoying this nice weather

Comment

Bravo

Comment

price drop ...

Comment

Hmmmm.....