Remove ix side skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove ix side skirts

Patching up rusting drivers side floor pan, rust has worked its way towards the fender/rocker so I want to remove the fender flare (fairly simple) and the side skirts. I can’t seem to figure out how to undo the clips on the skirts anyone walk me through it or better yet a video? I do have some loose old clips but don’t know if they are too gunked up cause I still can’t figure out how to get them off any help appreciated as well as fingers crossed cause I know I won’t like what I find under there.

Anyone have a better way they reattached flares and skirts once I address the rust?

So I've been messing around with them more it seems to me the only way to get them off basically destroys the clips, are they meant to be single use and I just buy new ones at ECS or the like?

Comment

yeah I'm pretty sure you can only use them once.

You can get them from pretty much anywhere. send an email to blunttech. Also you need 3M double sided body tape.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have only been able to get a single use out of them. I installed my side skirts with brand new clips and as soon as I did I had to take them back off. Out of all the brand new clips one survived.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

ah thanks for the confirmation, not excited to see whats underneath (or not there)

Comment

Working...
          X