No announcement yet.

Giant cottonmouth in north Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a 4 foot one in our garage and I was scared shitless. I can't imagine one that large. I got the chills just looking at it dead hanging there.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Its still a +7 foot 85lb FUCKING COTTON MOUTH

what the comments were saying, is that it wasn't that long and heavy. Fake news coverage
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Well I know that motha is huge either way. My fiancé old high school classmate was apart o the crew that found it and that's how we found out about it before it even hit the news and he said that mofo was that big. Said the head was about 2 fist wide.(holding your fist side by side face down) The cottonmouth naturally has a huge head but not like that.
        DENY IGNORANCE!
        Schwarz 325-totaled
        brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
        don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Cool I like snakes, granted they are not a pet. We had a few garter snakes roaming the yard this year. They kill off the mice and other small rodents.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Snakes are cool pets. I've owned snakes since I was 8 years old growing up in Palm Beach County, Fl. I used to duck Sunday school and take my moms old shoe boxes, poke holes in them and catch and keep snakes in those shoe boxes under my bed. Secure the shoe boxes with rubber bands from the morning paper.

Cottonmouths normally have fat triangle heads, thin neck and wide body. They are aggressive and they will not back down. They know what they got. They will lay flat in a coil and open their mouth wide to show the silky white mouth lining. no hiss no movement, just lay their with their mouth open. They move in what ever direction you move because their pits between the nose and eyes can sense your body heat. They do not chase. they are an ambush predator. I think over the years I have come across maybe 50 in the wild. I usually take my snake stick and fling them into a canal or bushes. I'm not scared of them. Just got a lot of respect for them. They usually get about 3 maybe 4 feet.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. I used to catch them sometimes and keep them for a few days. Put a mouse in with them and used a stop watch and time how long it would take the mouse to die after the strike. Quickest one was 30 seconds. I was young stupid and had no clue how dangerous these animals really are. Very dangerous. They may not always kill an adult human being. But you could lose a toe or foot or leg. A seven footer will kill an adult human being not questions asked.

Cheers......... G.

Comment

What do you expect? It is black after all...
              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Working...
              X