Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    ^

I dont see people fleeing Chicago to Canada and asking for asylum to because of the murders there....
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    well when taken as a per capita numbers your only about 45% more likely to be murdered in Mexico than Chicago land.... I stand by my assessment ;)
    Have you lived in Mexico?

I did for 5 years, I was never threatened, robbed or murdered.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

^

Thank you that kinda was my point, in response to decay.....

I have had family in Tuscon for 30 years, thats as close as I prefer to get to mexico lol
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

anecdotes are not data.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          not sure what your point is anymore.
          It's pretty simple. Just like here in the states, if you arnt in the drug game or in a cartel/gang you really dont have to worry about getting murdered. Yet the amount of people claiming they are seeking asylum is high.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            Sorry but murders dont equal war. Most of the people getting killed are from cartels taking each other out. So I suppose every country that has gangs are at war then too....

Go any stats on how many innocent bystanders are getting murdered? I'm sure the ratio of cartel to innocents is pretty one sided
            As are the stats of any war, which what is occurring in Mexico. Belligerents make up the overwhelming majority, with a smaller portion being non-combatants caught in the crossfire. Of that, you'll have the majority with ties in some way and then the remainder are truly innocent.

You're incredibly naive and oblivious to what's going on around the globe if you think that's what occurring all across South and Central America does not constitute a war. It's not redcoats vs bluecoats anymore, but it is identifiable groups in armed conflict with one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
              It's pretty simple. Just like here in the states, if you arnt in the drug game or in a cartel/gang you really dont have to worry about getting murdered. Yet the amount of people claiming they are seeking asylum is high.
              simply not true. that should be obvious given that someone literally wrote a book (linked earlier) about collateral murders in central/south america.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

From the end of the article:

...While many government critics say it's time for Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto to revisit his drug war tactics, which include targeting top cartel leaders and having soldiers act as police in many communities, his government appears more interested in deflecting blame to Mexico's neighbor to the north.

In recent months, top government officials have implored their American counterparts to work on reducing domestic demand for drugs if they want to make Mexico safer.

"Drug trafficking is a shared problem that will end only by addressing its root causes," Mexico's foreign ministry said in a statement last month after President Trump tweeted about Mexico's rising levels of violence.

In recent years, Mexico has surpassed Colombia to become the largest supplier of heroin to the U.S. Security analysts say the opioid epidemic in the U.S. has left cartels flush with cash, which has allowed them to step up the warfare.

What else is driving the bloodshed is a matter of opinion.

Some law enforcement officials have blamed the country's ongoing transition to a new criminal justice system, which seeks to give more rights to accused criminals. Under the new system, people caught with illegal weapons are no longer automatically sent to jail before their trials. That means some criminals are being released, they say.

Mexican security analyst Alejandro Hope says he believes another structural problem is more likely to blame for the increase in killings: Impunity.

Only one in five homicide cases leads to arrests, and few result in successful prosecutions. That means that in Mexico, it's simple to kill somebody and get away with it, he said.

"It's easy," he said. "And it's cheap."
                So, two things happening here. First, our drug prohibition policies from the 30's kind of fucked over Central America because they ultimately led to these warring cartels. I think that's something we should acknowledge and take responsibility for by reforming our drug regulation problem in order to curtail the demand for drugs.

And second, inept, corrupt governments that are failing miserably to protect its citizens and shut down the cartels. On this point I maintain that Mexico and other central American countries are solely responsible for taking action. Even if we squash the demand for drugs, it's naive to assume these cartels will simply slow their operations down. It really feels like a cultural thing that the people of Mexico have to sort out, figuring out ways to steer young men away from those organizations and toward community building. If the Mexican government would step up and help establish safe communities then maybe people would actually want to stay and create opportunities in their home country, but apparently that's the US's job; ie sanctuary cities. I'm getting sick of reading articles about people abandoning their businesses in Mexico because they were threatened and helpless to fight back. And they are only making things worse for Mexico by paying the very organizations they are afraid of to smuggle them into the US.

So if Mexico is a virtual war zone, then where's the outrage about Mexico's reluctance to actually do anything about it?
                My Feedback

Comment

Felipe Calderón went to war with the cartels and lost.

Just saying.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                    http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-...721-story.html

From the end of the article:

So, two things happening here. First, our drug prohibition policies from the 30's kind of fucked over Central America because they ultimately led to these warring cartels. I think that's something we should acknowledge and take responsibility for by reforming our drug regulation problem in order to curtail the demand for drugs.

And second, inept, corrupt governments that are failing miserably to protect its citizens and shut down the cartels. On this point I maintain that Mexico and other central American countries are solely responsible for taking action. Even if we squash the demand for drugs, it's naive to assume these cartels will simply slow their operations down. It really feels like a cultural thing that the people of Mexico have to sort out, figuring out ways to steer young men away from those organizations and toward community building. If the Mexican government would step up and help establish safe communities then maybe people would actually want to stay and create opportunities in their home country, but apparently that's the US's job; ie sanctuary cities. I'm getting sick of reading articles about people abandoning their businesses in Mexico because they were threatened and helpless to fight back. And they are only making things worse for Mexico by paying the very organizations they are afraid of to smuggle them into the US.

So if Mexico is a virtual war zone, then where's the outrage about Mexico's reluctance to actually do anything about it?
                    lolz at curtailing the demand for drugs.

Legalize, regulate, tax. Treat addicts and get them back to being productive members of society vs paying $50k+ per year to lock them up.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      lolz at curtailing the demand for drugs.

Legalize, regulate, tax. Treat addicts and get them back to being productive members of society vs paying $50k+ per year to lock them up.
                      the private prison industry would like a word with you.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Haha
                        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

As well as the police unions when they see their budgets dwindle for all the unnecessary "toys" they get to use for busting people.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Now we get to wait another 2 years to decide if we have to / will do anything.

The FBI's and CIA's significant "analytical disagreement" with the NSA over whether Russia tried to help the Trump presidential campaign was "reasonable," according to an unclassified report by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released Tuesday.
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

The FBI's and CIA's significant "analytical disagreement" with the NSA over whether Russia tried to help the Trump presidential campaign was "reasonable," according to an unclassified report by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence released Tuesday.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...tel-panel.html
                                Honestly I'd like to know how Russia could sway our elections. They dont have the influence to us like we did to all those central American in the 80's and 90's. The voting booths as far as I know aren't connected to the internet, and for good reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X