Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    And regarding Trump, it’s interesting to note the Dems are now the ones for unending war against Russia after the Clinton/Obama “push the reset button” Russia foreign policy. What a bunch oh hypocrite low lifes.
    Thanks for reminding me to write down all these quotes for later.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Am I wrong?
      For as long as I can remember the left was for peace, at almost any cost. Any R president was a war monger.
      Now the left is the reverse, because it’s politically expedient
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So, anyone enjoying the 20% hike in steel prices?
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
          "Trump's Trade War is hitting Massive and its customers.

All of Massive's productions using steel and aluminum will now cost more because of Trump's tariff on steel and aluminum imports, including from Canada. My first batch of Recaro adapters sees the material costing 25% more than before and the price hike will have to be reflected in the retail price. Sorry about that.

Raw steel and aluminum originates from Canada but is processed in the US then reexported back to Canada. When this raw material crosses the US border on its way to be processed, it receives Trump's tariff. And I pay for that. Customers end up paying too.

Massive's prices will go up, as well as parts from many US suppliers. And racers will end up at the wrong end of the stick.

Sorry for the bad news.

Lee"
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I'm ordering steel for a refinery that makes alumina.

Genuinely robbing Peter to pay Paul.
            But, it's affecting how we're estimating jobs over the past week.
            Having to re-estimate a lot of our proposals. People are locking in prices with supplier, essentially buying commodities futures, it's nuts.
            I do things.

Comment

not hurting my industry at all and we glue miles and miles of large bore steel tubing together with steel rods and electricity, we are still so busy we cant get enough people to cover the work thats kicked off, let alone work that we have that is nearing kick off. My boss asked me if I knew anyone looking, as he need to man 45-50 crews in the next 6 weeks, on top of the 140+ we have already out.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                not hurting my industry at all and we glue miles and miles of large bore steel tubing together with steel rods and electricity, we are still so busy we cant get enough people to cover the work thats kicked off, let alone work that we have that is nearing kick off. My boss asked me if I knew anyone looking, as he need to man 45-50 crews in the next 6 weeks, on top of the 140+ we have already out.
                Your reply is unrelated to the higher cost of steel...

Higher price of steel has a cost...

Steel tariffs could force Mid-Continent Nail, the nation's largest nail factory, to close or move to Mexico, costing 500 jobs.

"The Mid-Continent Nail plant in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, laid off 60 of its 500 workers last week because of increased steel costs. The company blames the 25% tariff on imported steel. Orders for nails plunged 50% after the company raised its prices to deal with higher steel costs."
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^^^you have to look at both sides of the coin, though Lee. Now there are several US foundries opening back up, and/or pulling in the labor force....

Nothing wrong with bringing the manufacturing back domestically.

But, on the other hand, look what it is doing to the solar industry...

Now, who is the ones who were benefiting by having the Chinese labor force do our work? The Chinese. No one was buying domestic materials, which slowly caused lost jobs here since they could buy raw materials cheaper from over seas. In a way, he is forcing the jobs back home - albeit quite abruptly IMO, but it is going to turn things back inwards.

Did you know we were sending our poultry to China, having them process the meat, then shipping it back? IMO, it's a sad day when people cannot even prep their own food...

Not only that, but he is NOT the first president to do it, and just like it was under the Obama admin, everyone will get back to normal before too long. My sister-in-law works for one of the largest importers in North America. How do you think her and her company felt when they had several ships full of merchandise half way across the ocean when the tariff hit (both under Obama, and now Trump)?

john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I find that surprising as all raw materials are going up. Some of it is fear, and conjecture, but all-in-all, it's going to result in higher prices for consumers.

What are the steel rods for? Tubing?

I'm in the oil and gas industry in Louisiana, and it's doing well right now.
                    Partly due to the rise in crude per barrel, and due to there being a GOP President. Not Trump in particular, but any GOP President has a positive impact in business down here, mostly due to perception. This is ignoring the slow climb we have all made out of the recession of 2008.
                    I do things.

Comment

I find that surprising as all raw materials are going up. Some of it is fear, and conjecture, but all-in-all, it's going to result in higher prices for consumers.

Partly due to the rise in crude per barrel, and due to there being a GOP President. Not Trump in particular, but any GOP President has a positive impact in business down here, mostly due to perception. This is ignoring the slow climb we have all made out of the recession of 2008.

Are your companies required to purchase domestic steel to begin with? I know when I was doing production machining, we did a job for the Navy and we were required to purchase domestic materials and everything had to be manufactured domestic (also ISO 9000). If you were already purchasing domestic, you wouldn't see any change with the tariffs.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Are your companies required to purchase domestic steel to begin with? I know when I was doing production machining, we did a job for the Navy and we were required to purchase domestic materials and everything had to be manufactured domestic (also ISO 9000). If you were already purchasing domestic, you wouldn't see any change with the tariffs.
                        We work with fabricators that order it from wherever, can't say for sure 100%
                        But, I can say that on average it's about 30% foreign, 70% domestic for refinery and chem plant construction. The larger the job the more that skews to 50/50.

But, you're right, if their supply is domestic you wouldn't see an increase.
                        I do things.

Comment

Sorry been busy. Believe it or not this sorry blog is not all that important to me. Building a house and wondering why I bought 8 acres, running a business employing 6 people, watching F1 and Indy car, helping my children improve their home for sale, taking my 4 year old granddaughter to ballet lessons, and getting my handicap below 9.1. Besides there are the usual suspects like Massive that continues to post shit so much I don’t even read it any longer.

The EPA as others have said safe guard thru regulations resources not necessarily owned by anyone for the benefit of everyone. Air, water etc. Plus it’s a moral thing. Polluting the air and water is immoral. It’s the way I was brought up.

There is no reason I can think of to send my hard earned money to DC for lame ass politicians to use for gain by passing it to other states outside of mine. Money spent does not equate to quality education from what I’ve read. Don’t like your neighborhood school district, move. Maybe the school board will get the message and improve things.

And FYI, the only time I criticize your sources is after you shoot my messenger. Pot call the kettle black. If you’re unable to see thru the website posting whatever you’re reading to judge it on its own for content you shouldn’t be posting here. Plus I didn’t realize I was required to reply to you.
                          I'll bite. How if as you claim you want the Earth to be protected are you on board with Trump's demolishing of the EPA & removing the rules that protect the Earth.

And regarding Trump, it’s interesting to note the Dems are now the ones for unending war against Russia after the Clinton/Obama “push the reset button” Russia foreign policy. What a bunch oh hypocrite low lifes.
                          Appeasing the aggressor does not stop war. Remember Neville Chamberlain? "Peace in our time" that led to WWII.

Additionally what war? We are nowhere near war with Russia. That is just scare tactic bullshit.

How's that draining the swamp going? Trump's is the most corrupt administration in years.

The only hypocrisy I see here is yours.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            Your reply is unrelated to the higher cost of steel...

Higher price of steel has a cost...
                            Why is that??? we glue together joints that can weight more than 6 tons and upwards of 12 tons for 80 footers, (IIRC 36" .888 wall is about 315lbs/ft) each at a pace of up to a couple miles a day when in full swing mainline construction on flat ground.

Your right it does I posted this back on 6/26 in response to one of your other derpy posts I guess you didnt read it then so we shall try again. It will bring international steel makers back to the US to be able to be competitive and continue to hold market share in the USA.....

More Derp from you, it seems a UK based out fit is wanting to avoid the 25% tariffs on Steel so they are reopening a shuttered mill in SC this week, and pledging 5b in investment in the Steel and AL sector in the US/Canada over the next couple years..... Harley making products in a different countries is nothing new its been happening for at least a decade that I can think of, this is not a Donald revelation....

Aheemmmm Why is this shit not on/in CNN, MSNBC, Huff, NYT, LAT, etc..... Why do I have go to the HINDU business line, to find date the article, with hits in the Australian news and a Kiwi newspaper as well, Hummm I wonder.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le24255784.ece

LOL your funny especially given your stated industry... What do you generally ship all that oil and gas in??? YES BIG STEEL TUBES called pipelines, and how are those built??? They are welded together with welding rod and electricity (though the wire feed automatic machines are getting more prevalent). Natural gas has been driving the mid-stream part of the business hard for well over a decade now. Honestly when it came to work, I didnt see a ressesion had a couple years with only 2700-2800 hours in Vs my more normal 3300ish. but thats about it.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Yes that was a thing with trumps initial months in office that new major transmission line work (I dont recall for sure if gathering systems are subject as well) that pipe was to be secured from domestic sources. There were a few exceptions to that, for projects already permitted with supplies or PO agreements in place. With the issues we have seen with the quality of raw materials from India, China, Belarus, Romania etc.... most big high profile projects were trying to source material from "better places". But all those materials still have to meet the specs, and pass the NDE, no matter the source country.

The worst big inch (20" and up) fittings I have seen in recent years come out of Italy i mean they are JUNK outta round, outta spec, and full of shit sometimes. Eeven seen some issues with US made pipe the last couple years, nothing in the realm of failure, just some significant Q/C at the mill or shipping issues. I have done some NDE work for the Navy 5-8 years ago here and there, for parts for the Sub base in CT, and some massive slugs of steel for what we were told was for the R&D for magnetic Cat and Trap systems for the next gen carriers. I think it was more for the current rail gun tech thats going.... Navy work is stringent.....
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-19-2018, 08:15 PM.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I would love to soak up 2.5k/wk in stitching steeel pipe. Have any openings?
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

That's awesome you didn't see a dip.

We do a good bit of midstream work, pipelines, valve stations, remote pump stations etc. It's good work and pays well.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X