X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post

1988 M3 SOLD on 4/27/18 for $36,750
    Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #9,322.

i still don't get why this one went so cheap compared to others. Yes maybe it's not perfectly presented, but the interior alone is more desirable than the standard e30 karoseats and Mtech1 steeringwheel. Why then just under 40k, i'd bet it would go around 50
    My guess would be the color (car and wheels) or quality of respray, missing bumper caps might make people wonder about how thorough of a restoration it underwent and non BMW aficionado's may not like or "get" the M tech interior. The pictures weren't great either.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    So... over/under that the winner on that MT2 auction bails and it's relisted?

Just saying, new user who had signed up this month, and then goes way high on the value. Seen it happen a lot, and yet BAT still won't change their policy.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the value bump since it only benefits my collection, but I also hate seeing the sellers getting screwed by flaky bidders and BAT's attitude.
    Hard to say these days. There are people with money looking to buy in. The car should be in as new condition so $30k while strong for any non M3 isn't completely out of the ballpark. Considering EAG sells clean 20-50k mile 318iS and 325iS's for low - mid 20's...this one looks to be right in line. Obviously, that's not where my money would go but to each his own.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Any of you PNW guys recognize this M3 that just went up ?

1988 M3
      Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,217.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I always thought e30 m3 had the dogleg gearbox, but i've seen a few on BAT now that have the standard pattern on the shifter. So am i wrong to assume all e30 m3 have dogleg gearboxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
          I always thought e30 m3 had the dogleg gearbox, but i've seen a few on BAT now that have the standard pattern on the shifter. So am i wrong to assume all e30 m3 have dogleg gearboxes?
          US M3's have standard gearboxes.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

thanks, didn't know that

Comment

1984 323i Baur Tc
              Bid for the chance to own a 1984 BMW 323i Baur TC at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,270.
              Attached Files
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

That car needs a lot of work. Just looking at the gap mismatch on the hood and fender would scare me from bidding top dollar for it, something seems off with the body. And there is a lot of little things that need addressing. The seller blows off the rust in the rear wheel well like it's NBD, but that's major surgery on these things...

..and in the end, it's a Baur, which is still a very divisive model in the E30 world - you either really love them, or want no part of them.

I don't expect it break 10K in a normal environment. But then again.. BAT is often full of hype bidding.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Mr Burns is giving BaT a go....

1990 325i Convertible Hartge M30 Tribute
                  Bid for the chance to own a M30-Powered 1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,299.
                  Attached Files
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I thought Burnsy sold that already
                    ...I guess not
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Mr Burns is giving BaT a go....

1990 325i Convertible Hartge M30 Tribute
                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ic-hartge-h35/
                      I like the look of this one.
                      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                      Palm Beach County

Comment

1988 M52 swapped M3 racecar
                        Bid for the chance to own a M52-Powered 1988 BMW M3 Race Car at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,329.

This thing looks like a riot.
                        Attached Files
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Going to be interesting to see how it does on BAT...race prepped cars haven't been known to do well on there.

I also like how bidding went from $3k straight to $19k...someone is a little trigger happy!
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

300rwhp from NA stroked M52 doesn't add up but perhaps I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              300rwhp from NA stroked M52 doesn't add up but perhaps I am missing something.
                              S52 crank
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

S14 M3 sold for $34.3k ... that seems really low
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X