SOLD
    TL/DR
    1989 BMW 325i Sedan
    1999 S52/ZF trans swap, Z3 rack, 3.73 LSD
    158k miles on chassis/aprox. 106k on drivetrain
    Sunroof, Functional AC
    Located in Newtown, CT
    SOLD

I have had the car for 2 years I'm selling it to free up garage space. The car is pretty much rust free save for a small spot on the sunroof and is parked in my garage when not in use. I just drive this as a fair-weather weekend cruiser and sometimes take it to work. I have an indoor cover for it and try to keep it on a tender when not driven. I am in northern Fairfield County CT about 90 min from NY City. Asking price is $9,500. I've included as many details as I can below but please ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer.

I am told the swap was done by a shop and has been in the car for a while. It's from a 99 m3 and had something like only 70k when installed back in the mid 2000's. It's been converted to OBD1. Matching ZF 5 speed trans. It also has a quicker ratio Z3 steering rack and 3.73 LSD. Functional AC converted to R134. Suspension wise it has H&R sport springs, Koni oranges, treehouse racing style lower control arm mounts. I have a set of 14" basket weaves that are off the car. They are pretty rough and need new tires. They came on the car when I bought it so they can go with it too. Installed on the car are a set of BBS style reps. They are 16" Privat Remembers with Falken Pro G4 all seasons (205/50 16). For maintenance during my ownership I've done some things but much of the work was performed by Auto Technic in New Milford CT, I have receipts for all work performed by them. The bigger stuff that was done this year includes new subframe bushings, diff bushing, front lower control arm bushings, tie rods and driveshaft center bearing, rear wheel bearing. Overall I would say with the recent maintenance this car is mechanically very solid the only current issue being a belt squeel on cold starts. It goes away as the car warms up, usually a mile of two or driving.

The car was originally Zinnoberrot red however it has been repainted in a brighter shade of red. My understanding is that the repaint was from back when the swap was originally installed, so it is older. It's not perfect by any means, you can find rock chips and other things. I would consider the paint to be good driver quality. I keep it washed and waxed and it stays looking good. The car gets a lot of compliments. It has Is lip, side skirts and spoiler. It looks like someone was too aggressive with a rotary polisher and burned through the paint on the IS spoiler on the corners. I replaced and repainted the rear bumper which was cracked with a used OEM version. The windshield was also replaced last year; the rest of the glass is original. The interior is black vinyl and has sport seats. The sport seats where not original to the car. The driver's seat does have a few tears. The passenger seat is very good. The steering wheel is a Grant GT Sport. The car has an aftermarket stereo and speakers. The stereo isn't bad, it has Bluetooth and supports hands free calling. The car has a German check panel that I have not installed but will come with it.

Below is a list of all the things done to the car that I am aware of including what was mentioned above...

- 99 s52/zf 5 speed w/106k miles
    - OBD 1 converted, red label ecu
    - s50 intake manifold
    - unknown aftermarket header
    - unknown exhaust into a Magnaflow muffler
    - Euro large MAF

- KAMotors Headlight duct and intake
    - z3 2.7 turns LTL steering rack
    - Treehouse Racing style front lower control arm mount
    - H&R sports with koni's I think. I will double check.
    - Front and Rear strut tower braces
    - 3.73 LSD diff
    - Set of 4 14" basket weaves w/ worn tires. 3 out of 4 centercaps (wheels are pretty rough)
    - 16" Privat Remembers (BBS style reps) bought last year came with all seasons mounted (great shape)
    - euro bumper trim
    - euro grills
    - euro plate filler
    - euro check panel (Removed but still have it)
    - ellipsoid headlights (One removed for intake, still have it)
    - is lip/side skirts/spoiler
    - black sport seats, driver seat is pretty rough
    - Grant GT Sport steering wheel
    - 2m shift and ebrake boots w/ zhp knob
    - aftermarket carpet
    - floor mats are from a later 5 series

Maintenance during my ownership:
    Done last year
    - new Vanos oil line
    - new power steering hose
    - new idler pulley assembly
    - replaced cracked driver's side motor mount arm
    Done this year
    - New ebrake cables
    - Rear subframe and diff bushings
    - Rear diff gasket
    - Left rear wheel bearing
    - Center driveshaft bearing
    - New (used) driveshaft (old one was seized in the bad center bearing)
    - New bushings for front lower control arm mounts
    - New front tie rods
    - Manual trans selector rod seal

Photo Album:

Last edited by Trickniner; 08-18-2018, 10:26 AM. Reason: Car is sold

Very nice, my old car. That all sounds pretty accurate. Had bilsteins on it when I sold it, but that could have changed. Not sure how many owners it’s been through at this point, I had it from like 2013-2015

Comment

Thanks! I just double checked on the shocks and they are Koni Orange's. They where there when I purchased so not sure when they where changed.

I know of two other guys who had the car between your ownership and mine. The one I bought it from had it for a very short time period though.

Comment

I wanted to provide some additional info and pictures since I've been asked by a couple of people. I've added additional pictures of the trunk area along the sides where water can accumulate to the photo album. The left side where the jack would be is dry, there is some surface rust from a leaky broken antenna that has since been resolved. It is very solid. The battery tray area shows signs of previous rust but is solid and dry. Someone mentioned that in one of the cars previous listings the then owner stated they thought there may have been rust repair performed.

Additionally I wanted to mention that though the car has the controls for cruise it does not have cruise control. Those where from the original configuration prior to the swap. I didn't want anyone to be confused since you can see the old cruise control stalk in a picture.

Comment

Price drop.

Comment

How much for the 3.73 LSDs shipped to 11377?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinthirty View Post
              How much for the 3.73 LSDs shipped to 11377?
              $10,500. Sorry can't ship, but it comes with a complete running and driving 325i Sedan with S52 drivetrain bolted to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickniner View Post
                $10,500. Sorry can't ship, but it comes with a complete running and driving 325i Sedan with S52 drivetrain bolted to it!
                lol :up:

Comment

Who ever said,
                  "No such thing as a dumb question"?

That a good looking car man.
                  Last edited by mrfeel1933; 07-23-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Was there a rear end collision? Referring to battery box pic in gallery. Any signs of bondo/streaks? Oil pan dry? tire %?
                    89 e30is m50
                    97 e39 528i
                    07 e92 335i
                    15 s1000rr

Comment

Originally posted by Mafia89 View Post
                      Was there a rear end collision? Referring to battery box pic in gallery. Any signs of bondo/streaks? Oil pan dry? tire %?
                      There was probably something regarding the rear end as the back bumper was cracked when I bought it which I mentioned in the ad. I replaced the bumper with a used OEM piece and color matched it. The previous owner did not know the story on the crack... or would not say. The damage wasn't bad and when I had the bumper off the car didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the rest of the body.

Regarding the battery box specifically it was mentioned by someone else that in a previous for sale thread for the vehicle from several years ago the then owner mentioned they thought there could have been previous rust repair performed in the area. That could be part of the reason for the look, though I couldn't say for sure. The area is solid and dry.

Oil Pan is dry, the car does not leak or leave stains on the garage anywhere.

I don't have a tread depth gauge but can get a shot of tread depth with something for reference when I'm home. I would say they are probably 50% right now. They do wear quicker on inside edges because of the stance with it being lowered.
                      Last edited by Trickniner; 07-23-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Beautiful sedan man! Glws
                          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Price drop! Will probably keep it if I can't sell it before fall/winter.

Comment

Solid price for a well put together, clean, rust free car for East Coast buyers. GLWS
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X