The complete repair, rebuild, repaint, and v8 swap of my early model sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External mic mounted on license plate.

Also, nothing cool happening on the car lately, because I'm building an LS3 S10 with my buddy. 525hp GM crate engine with T56 Super Magnum. Full drop-in package with harness and all. Just feed it 12v and fuel, and it creates burnouts.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Engine sounds great in that video! Definitely makes me jealous.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Lol, didn't even pay attention to your profile pic, just got to the paint part of your post and realized that photo has been my work desktop for about a year now...people ask if it's mine and gets compliments all the time. I always say its inspiration..sick build man

Comment

Your GF laughing was the best part! It really walked that m5! That is the b36 so not as lovely as the b38. I wonder how it would do in an e30 H2H

Great videos, Justin...I want you to slap some stockers on and melt them, I'll do it with the m30 if you do it with the m60 <3
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by shieldsyo View Post
            Lol, didn't even pay attention to your profile pic, just got to the paint part of your post and realized that photo has been my work desktop for about a year now...people ask if it's mine and gets compliments all the time. I always say its inspiration..sick build man
            Haha, that's funny! Thanks!

Originally posted by F34R View Post
            Your EX GF laughing was the best part!
            Fixed. Now I just find the video annoying haha.

Great videos, Justin...I want you to slap some stockers on and melt them, I'll do it with the m30 if you do it with the m60 <3
            My 235's are about shot, was considering getting video of me liquidating them before I throw my new set on. My luck, one would come apart and tear up a quarter panel.

Comment

Oh my god, I found your car last week and haven't quit thinking about it. I'm 15 and have a cirrus sedan that I want to be buried in. I hope it can look as good as yours someday. What spoiler and side skirts are on the car?
              sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
              1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
              1991 325ix-Sold
              1988 325iX-

Comment

Well, this happened. Although it was with 235's :(

Your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                  Well, this happened. Although it was with 235's :(

Your turn.
                  bravo
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well there was still 1/32's left after the last burnout, so right before my buddy swapped new tires on for me, I made use of that last bit of tread.

I'm done now for a little while haha.

Comment

youtube tells me the video is private

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                        Well there was still 1/32's left after the last burnout, so right before my buddy swapped new tires on for me, I made use of that last bit of tread.

I'm done now for a little while haha.

Now THAT's a burnout. Engine sounds great.

Comment

84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

so great.

Comment

I'm looking forward to an update on this car once the weather starts cooperating again.

Hugely inspirational build. ;D
                              Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; 03-08-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                                I'm looking forward to an update on this car once the weather stars cooperating again.

Hugely inspirational build. ;D

Not much to update, I still drive it when there's isn't snow/salt on the ground!

The steering rack is leaking so I'll be doing a replacement from Rack Doctor. I also am looking into doing an adjustable rear camber/toe kit to dial out some of my rear camber in an effort to get more traction and stop burning through rear tires so fast. I'm currently at -3.5 degrees, which is outrageous for a street car, on street tires. I have 235's, but only 25mm of that is touching the road when I launch. Problem is, the normal camber correction tabs only offer about 1.25* of change, so I'll still be at 2.25*. That's why I've yet to pull the trigger, I'm looking into other options. IE offers a longer tab with notches to prevent slipping.

The unfortunate side of that, is that I'll lose the curve the trailing arm takes, while also tilting the top of the wheel out at the same time. So I'll need to remove my 10mm spacers, and likely have to raise the car a bit as well. The tire already rubs the inner wheel well if I hit a dip at full throttle, so it'll only get much worse with camber correction. However, 'stance' was never really my thing, and I think it'll still look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X