No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really digging the Grand Seiko Offerings from Basel and the new Tudor GMT seems like a great option consideration as well
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Very nice piece, more suitable size too.

Blackbird you should check this out, your Bulova looks very similar to very very highly sought after pieces.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/di...litary-watches
      I'm aware of those. Its not a military watch however. If it were it would have a much different back. Bulova did make a 17 Jewel Military watch (A11 designation) that is very similar, but this isn't one of them. That said, I should find someone with a geiger counter to see how reactive my Air Warden actually is. The hands would have been coated with radium to make them glow. They still glow just fine, the dial does not however.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Old Omega = 0
        Washing Machine = 1

Oops
        Attached Files
        BEERTECH

Comment

Bummer!

Comment

serial puts in as a 1950-52, I had no idea it was that old.
            BEERTECH

Comment

Well, remove the back, get it dried out and send it off to a watchmaker to be cleaned and brought back up to par.

I made a mess of my '43 Bulova Air Warden a couple months ago. I knew it needed to be serviced, but it was sitting there and keeping good time so I decided to wear it. The crystal broke and in doing so I broke the hour and minute hands off. Fail!

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yup, I’m in the process, getting it fixed/serviced immediately
                BEERTECH

Comment

Not that big of a deal. Manual wind? Should be as simple as drying it out and lubricating.

Comment

Yes, manual. It's dried, but a lug broke off, so I'm taking it in for a full servicing/lookover.
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Manual is only relevant because you can ensure the movement stops, unlike an auto. Cool little piece.

Comment

Bump.

so i'm not a watch enthusiast, but work gave us these for 3 years injury free. Thought it was pretty cool.

VRE is the commuter rail I work on. Keolis is my employer.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                        X