Honda S2000 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 318is2k View Post
    Decay-I don't have the weight of a M42. That motor was quite a bit heavier than the s2k motor, just handling them out of the car. I would guess the honda trans is much lighter too. In the earlier post I compared the weight of the s2k motor and the S14. Which I found the F20 to be about 25lbs lighter than the S14. I am also running the stock 318is rear end, 410 LSD. I would like to put a taller rear end, maybe 3.73 someday.

Joncrz-I am using the stock steering rack. I did recess it into the crossmember a bit to help with clearance. I have yet to sort out the AC. I've gone another summer with out it. I would like to get it going by next summer. I don't expect any surprises here though. I plan to use the honda compressor and Bmw everywhere else. Thanks for your interest guys!
    Interest? I am stoked about this swap and I am eager about getting my hands on a build thread, even if its a rudimentary one. I hunted down a youtube vid with the swap, assuming its yours, and followed the link to a m42 specific website where there wasn't a build thread but found someone a few years back entertaining the idea of a s2k swap. So I'm all googled out at the moment and focusing on acquiring parts and build as I go at the same time hoping there was more info out there. Its a shame this swap isn't more popular.

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Love this man. Coming from Hondas to bmw and seeing this is awesome. I love cool swaps

Comment

Nice build! Engine looks small but very tidy this way!

BMW Parts Shipped Worldwide

Comment

M42s are iron block, the f20 is all aluminum. I'd imagine there'd be a slight weight loss.

S2000s weigh ~2800lbs stock last time I checked - pretty even with a stock 325i. A 318 with some weight loss here and there and you could definitely get down below 2600lbs

Comment

Great swap, drove an S2000 a few times a loved the gearbox/engine.
            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

AWESOME!

In for video is you ever get the chance. Please pretty please.

Looking to do this swap into an e12 possibly

Comment

I wAnt the dimensions on your motor mounts
                sigpic

Comment

im gonna bring this back from the dead since ive been looking into this. has anyone seen how much clearancing needs to be done with the oil pan and crossmember? ive yet to find anything while googling with actual pictures or dimensions of this part, which is the hardest part IMO. also curious the size differences vertically of this motor vs a K series

Comment

Very Nice!

Ive been thinking about doing this swap in my e21!

Comment

I have a same draft now in Ecuador bmw e30 f20c swap

Originally posted by 318is2k View Post
                      Hello, this is my first post here. I thought I would share my swap. I completed it about 1 1/2 years ago, 20k plus miles so far. This is my DD. not sure how a non BMW swap would go over here but feel free to ask questions!
                      I have a problem how to place the engine... You have the engine mounts pictures? Thanks for your answer

Comment

Excellent!
                        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                        1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                        Palm Beach County

Comment

How much to do this cluster swap plug n play

Comment

Working...
                          X