Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super-exciting news: I just got a 240Z race car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post

I like simple designs over more complicated ones. In addition to #1 from the first round, I like these two, although I prefer the skinny stripes to the wider ones.

Comment

The Z's first race weekend with me is over, and it went great! The car had no issues, it ran great, and I had an absolute blast learning about it! The welded rear was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to learning how to make one work. The road gearing is a bit wider than ideal but very usable, and once I started double-clutching the gearbox worked very well. I surprised a lot of people with the car's pace, including myself! I can't wait to get the car out again as we continue to make improvements. Pictures coming soon!
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

elva: thought you'd love this BaT car:

Bid for the chance to own a 1973 Datsun 240Z BRE Tribute at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,731.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

That sure is gorgeous, thanks for sharing! I think the BRE thing is pretty played out, but they appear to have done a really nice job with that car.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
            Pictures coming soon!
            I see no pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              I see no pictures.

Alright, full disclosure: The car still looks the same, but I'm starting efforts to find a couple body pieces to smooth out the process of rehabbing the car over the winter. I'll be posting in the Datsun forums probably later today with what I'm looking for!

But since you asked, here's a picture:

That's a shot of me testing the car at NJMP back in September. Kinda funny how the car's mouth opens at speed :)

Comment

Yep, good ol' urethane air dams. You'll want to put on a splitter, or maybe just a couple braces going to the rad support. Additionally, I don't know if there's rules against it, but sealing off any openings in the core support, and the addition of some hood vents or vented inspection lids would help you quite a bit. Check out the aero section on HybridZ for details. They got a group together about ten years ago to rent out a wind tunnel where they tested various body pieces and aero modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  Yep, good ol' urethane air dams. You'll want to put on a splitter, or maybe just a couple braces going to the rad support. Additionally, I don't know if there's rules against it, but sealing off any openings in the core support, and the addition of some hood vents or vented inspection lids would help you quite a bit. Check out the aero section on HybridZ for details. They got a group together about ten years ago to rent out a wind tunnel where they tested various body pieces and aero modifications.
                  I will absolutely be reading about that.

That valance will be leaving because it's not vintage-legal for this car. I'll be reinstalling the stock metal valance that came with the car and getting a BRE "spook" spoiler for the front. I also plan to pin the hood and prop the rear up a couple inches, so that sounds like it's aligned with what you're saying.

Comment

Yeah, that'll do the job.

Comment

Working...
                    X