Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Just going to let the car do the talking....

Imbed isn't working for me:
    Back in action after a few loose ends are tied up.New setup.SRM K24 ball bearing turbos (gt28rs chras in rs6 housings)1000cc injectorsMethanol injectionWDR 2...

Congrats!
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

What the hell, not just you. Check out the YouTube thread in off topic! It's all down.

Hopefully it's site based and not YouTube following in Photobucket footsteps.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

And thanks! Unfortunately I'm waiting on a new ECM. Apparently if you turn the car on with the ground to a Devil's Own methanol controller disconnected, it will shoot battery voltage out the signal wire.... Directly to the ecm.

Toasted. Oh well, found another. Gotta finish up the exhaust, install the axles, and it will be back on the ground. Then when the new ECM comes in, install, flash, and drive!
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Holy hell, E85 is the shit.

This thing is fast. Will post some videos in a bit.
          Attached Files
          No E30 Club

Comment

And I'm just getting started. Gotta pull a little more fuel, add a lot more timing, and about 6psi more for the kill mode tune.

This was at 29psi, only shows 22 because I'm blowing past the MAP limit.
            Attached Files
            No E30 Club

Comment

Amazing thread, I just went through the whole thing. I love these cars but like many am afraid of them.

I had a 2000 A3 in Mexico, where the warranty is 1 year and things started breaking at 6000 miles and 13 months. After the 10th coil pack I paid almost 150 for I traded it in.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Thanks sir!

Knocked a few more tenths off that log above, should be a solid 500+awhp at this point.

Tonight I got a surprise when I got a bit of wheel spin in 2nd gear. Was NOT expecting it, but a good reminder to respect this thing. I never thought I'd get an awd car to where it will lose traction after 1st.

No E30 Club

Comment

That's nuts. Almost makes me wish my A4 was an S4.

Comment

I love when you post videos. New setup looks killer
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Random encounter with a stock b8.5 S4 today. Guy was cool, BS'd at the next light a bit. At first he wanted a second run but when I told him about the car he said nevermind lol!

No E30 Club

Comment

Dang, That thing flys! Based on numbers and being in a S4 before without any real mods that thing is rocket!

Comment

Opinions?

2001 Audi B5 S4 Quattro Wagon 6 speed manual, car has been completely gone through, motor has 85k miles on it, was torn down , new head gaskets,rear main seal, front crank seal, camshaft chain tensioner seal, vlave cover gaskets etc..and every hose and supply line has been replaced, new genuine K04 Borg Warner Turbos, 034 stage 3 minus tune, new timing belt ,tensioners, rollers, water pump, new front brakes and rotors, Thermostat, oil cooler lines, cross over pipe seals, serpentine belt, plugs, 034 inlets, full silicone set, new clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flywheel RS4 kit, new trans gear oil, coil overs all the way around, new upper and lower control arms, wheel bearings, converted to aluminum uprights, complete new tie rod ends, brand new tires and alignment, lots of money invested, less than 10000 miles on complete build, car itself has 235k miles, everything is new on car,, interior is excellent, car looks and runs great, just don't drive it, to much to list call for more details or any questions, car is FAST, passes emissions, clear AZ title in hand $10,000 ,lots of money invested in this car, must see and drive to appreciate,

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

If the guy has documents to back it up, I'd say that's a good price! Paid 8k for my bone stock car 3 years ago with maintenance records.

Throw some injectors in there with a tune and it's a 400whp car. E85 and you are closing in on 500whp. (Wouldn't push it too much on e85 with stock rods though).

To me, the real value in these cars is that you can have a 600whp ride that you wouldn't be embarrassed to take a lady to a nice dinner date in. Also, keep in mine I'm pretty close if not at 600whp and the only drivetrain modifications I've done are forged rods, mounts, and clutch.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

I'll give him a call in the am when the Wife isn't here.

lol

Thanks

Comment

Need to find some big boys to play with.

No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X