E30 LSD Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    You need to bring them a center piece, as its hardened material and they should get a scope on it if they are going to be grinding down- tear down a
    Dead LSD and bring guts to them or just call and ask if they can handle machining or grinding hardened steel if you don't have a sample to bring them, the zf unit was designed by Dr Porsche a long time ago, some American cars have very similar center sections as well.
    You may also want to call around to your local diff shop and see if similar modifications have been made to a hardened center from American or other car (ideally p car)
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post

grinding has been done in Ghettofabulous fashion by un-named builders, via hand held grinders and you can tell it.
      I can't even fathom this. How on earth would it be even close to square?

I need to set one up on the Milwaukee Toolmaker and try a scrap diff, I have shaped carbide with it, hardened steel is no match for a good wheel. Angle dress the wheel and play with ramp rates? There's seriously not enough hours in a day. :(

EDIT: Sorry about the necro thread bump, came across this in a search, didn't notice the date...
      Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        I can't even fathom this. How on earth would it be even close to square?

I need to set one up on the Milwaukee Toolmaker and try a scrap diff, I have shaped carbide with it, hardened steel is no match for a good wheel. Angle dress the wheel and play with ramp rates? There's seriously not enough hours in a day. :(

EDIT: Sorry about the necro thread bump, came across this in a search, didn't notice the date...

The earth is flat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
        X