No announcement yet.

PUCH build: Cafe racer chapter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you still selling this and getting that R100RT? Not that this isn't cool but with the bmw bike we can cruise.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

hey were like bros or something...this pic is before i added my top bar, changed my pipe again and added another filter...70cc, Hicomp, mikuni vm18, proma circuit/biturbo depending on my mood, EBR...i want to go disc front because trying to stop from 50+ is scary..

Comment

Like everyone else who has read this thread, I'm now on the hunt for one of these. Amazing little toy you are building. Keep up the good work!!!!
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Back to the future?

What has happened to this project in the past three years? Real curious as I just picked up a '80 Motobecane Moby...these things are fun....

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
          '95 BMW e34 525i
          '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
          '92 Range Rover Classic
          '90 Range Rover Classic
          '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
          '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
          '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
          '67 Pontiac LeMans
          '24 Model T Depot Hack
          ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post
            Back to the future?

What has happened to this project in the past three years? Real curious as I just picked up a '80 Motobecane Moby...these things are fun....

I moved to Colorado...so it's sitting all in boxes when I moved in 2016. It will become a project for this winter, just too busy right now for toys.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              I moved to Colorado...so it's sitting all in boxes when I moved in 2016. It will become a project for this winter, just too busy right now for toys.
              Nice! Look forward to seeing the future progress with this thing....

P.S. I didn't know you were BWeissLeather. Ordered that dog collar a few years back for "Forrest" still holding up great!!
              555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
              '95 BMW e34 525i
              '92 Range Rover Classic
              '90 Range Rover Classic
              '67 Pontiac LeMans
              '24 Model T Depot Hack
              ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                Got some free time and busted out the moped, to save time I found a cafe seat pan already finished, also ordered the clutch springs and a new chain to allow the longer swing arm...Maximus is ready to get finished!

For the past few months I have been reading cafe builds and getting inspiration, also drawing plans and laying out the frame to tank setup. I need to get a tank in next to finish the bike off.

I really want to spring and get a Bimmer tank, I fear it will be too big and look awful.
                i'd forgotten about this thread.

coincidentally, i moved to a warehouse loft in SF a couple of months back. treatland is in the same building. i used to buy parts for my derbi GPRs from them so it's pretty cool that i can chat and see what's up around the shop when i go out for a smoke.

i'd buy another GPR if i wasn't pretty sure it'd get stolen. i worry about the Baur enough as it is.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  i'd forgotten about this thread.

coincidentally, i moved to a warehouse loft in SF a couple of months back. treatland is in the same building. i used to buy parts for my derbi GPRs from them so it's pretty cool that i can chat and see what's up around the shop when i go out for a smoke.

i'd buy another GPR if i wasn't pretty sure it'd get stolen. i worry about the Baur enough as it is.
                  That's awesome...I found out about Treatland a few weeks ago...definitely the best one stop shop for parts for these things. I've realized that these moped guys are something else...treatland has some ridiculous descriptions on their site, seem like a great group of people
                  555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                  '95 BMW e34 525i
                  '92 Range Rover Classic
                  '90 Range Rover Classic
                  '67 Pontiac LeMans
                  '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Working...
                  X