Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vilkas View Post
    I agree with Kruzen, def should be two buttons: PANJO and R3V
    It should be a choice to use Panjo not a must.
    Are you offering to moderate a r3v classified section?

Does anyone want to step up to fill that thankless position?
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Id do it but people wouldn't like the way id moderate. Unless you were scammed id tell you to go climb a tree and stfu

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Id do it but people wouldn't like the way id moderate. Unless you were scammed id tell you to go climb a tree and stfu
        I'll help you moderate it.
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Hell yeah
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I have been a member of this community/website/forum for a bunch of years, and I have enjoyed reading rants, posting FS ads, WTB ads, and the occasional stupid question. Also, I have met some great, and not-so-great people here but I figure is all good and part of the experience.

Regarding the subject matter of Panjo. I believe that the first step in bringing resolution to the loss in revenue has been made, by James' public acknowledgment that they incurred into a monetary loss. I can appreciate he is trying to keep this place afloat and his sanity (I run my own business too) but introducing a polarizing solution to the membership is like losing support from the get go for the wrong reasons; most people do not want yet another place that has a grip on their credit card and that requires yet more user IDs and passwords, secret questions, etc. let alone possible security breaches.

I do not believe the perfect answer exists, but it may be a good option to provide real 'memberships' at a fixed yearly fee, which would allow participants to post FS and WTB threads. Call it a donation if you must, but most all of us have $20 bucks for a yearly membership (the equivalent of 4 espresso drinks).

A Fundraiser Event takes a lot of time, effort and expense, and trying to get donations in excess of the aforementioned $20 bucks from us -thrifty individuals- may be difficult, let alone getting people to attend any event in quantities that matter. This may not be a good route towards securing funds.

I wish James and his team of Alpha Members well. I will not be joining the Panjo hype. I am too old for this shit and cannot remember the 20+ passwords I need every day. If a donation schedule allows me to post in such Forums, then send me a PM with my share and I will drop off a check in the mail.

Best, MC.
            1997 328i - SOLD
            1991 325is - SOLD
            2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
            1991 318is
            2011 328i xDrive
            2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

I have been a member of this community/website/forum for a bunch of years, and I have enjoyed reading rants, posting FS ads, WTB ads, and the occasional stupid question. Also, I have met some great, and not-so-great people here but I figure is all good and part of the experience.

Regarding the subject matter of Panjo. I believe that the first step in bringing resolution to the loss in revenue has been made, by James' public acknowledgment that they incurred into a monetary loss. I can appreciate he is trying to keep this place afloat and his sanity (I run my own business too) but introducing a polarizing solution to the membership is like losing support from the get go for the wrong reasons; most people do not want yet another place that has a grip on their credit card and that requires yet more user IDs and passwords, secret questions, etc. let alone possible security breaches.

I do not believe the perfect answer exists, but it may be a good option to provide real 'memberships' at a fixed yearly fee, which would allow participants to post FS and WTB threads. Call it a donation if you must, but most all of us have $20 bucks for a yearly membership (the equivalent of 4 espresso drinks).

A Fundraiser Event takes a lot of time, effort and expense, and trying to get donations in excess of the aforementioned $20 bucks from us -thrifty individuals- may be difficult, let alone getting people to attend any event in quantities that matter. This may not be a good route towards securing funds.

I wish James and his team of Alpha Members well. I will not be joining the Panjo hype. I am too old for this shit and cannot remember the 20+ passwords I need every day. If a donation schedule allows me to post in such Forums, then send me a PM with my share and I will drop off a check in the mail.

Best, MC.
              1997 328i - SOLD
              1991 325is - SOLD
              2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
              1991 318is
              2011 328i xDrive
              2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post

No, that wouldnt be me.
                Id be the guy who would pay yearly fee to avoid panjo.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post

I'd do it, I've moderated far worse websites than r3v :stupidsign:

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Does anyone know how to start a for sale thread without immediately being forced to post on Panjo?

I see a few users have found a way around Panjo to post in the "Cars for sale" section. I have posted on Panjo, but the exposure there is awful compared to what we used to have here....

The FS/WTB section here was a valuable asset....I'd pay a yearly seller's fee just to keep it the way it was....
                    '91 "318is" slick top M50 turbo
                    '97 Dodge 3500 12v Cummins
                    '12 Mini Cooper S
                    '89 318i Chump Car Project

Comment

I might rescind my previous condemnation of Panjo, as I just posted a WTB ad and it was pretty painless. What is the difference if it still shows up in in the classifieds section of the board? The only thing I was concerned about was fragmenting the market by pulling people away from one of the biggest used E30 parts markets, r3v classifieds, but it doesn't do that since it posts in both places.
                      1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Panjo's formatting of any ad more complex than what you'd bang together with as little effort as possible on a mobile is ridiculous. Once you post an ad with it you just about need to completely gut the post and redo it so it's what you were expecting.

To those of you who aren't bothered much by Panjo: once Panjo pushes enough users away from posting in - or even browsing - the classifieds due to the headaches it causes the classifieds section will degrade and become a ghost town.

Comment

R3V and the member support that I've gotten over the last 4 years of E30 ownership has been awesome. But now I have a bunch of parts lingering in my garage that I would like to sell, but do not want to deal with Panjo either. I would gladly spend $25 (or more) per year for an R3V membership and go back to the "old way" of posting stuff for sale/wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostinEuros View Post
                            Does anyone know how to start a for sale thread without immediately being forced to post on Panjo?

I see a few users have found a way around Panjo to post in the "Cars for sale" section. I have posted on Panjo, but the exposure there is awful compared to what we used to have here....

The FS/WTB section here was a valuable asset....I'd pay a yearly seller's fee just to keep it the way it was....
                            I edit my old for sale posts that I created before Panjo existed on R3v.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'm sorry, but I think a $25 membership fee required to post classifieds is going to kill that marketplace way more than Panjo ever will. Even a $5 would do that. A lot of people just don't even entertain the notion of paying for something like that.
                              1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                                I'm sorry, but I think a $25 membership fee required to post classifieds is going to kill that marketplace way more than Panjo ever will. Even a $5 would do that. A lot of people just don't even entertain the notion of paying for something like that.
                                Please review my idea posted a couple of pages back.

R3v should not require people to pay to use any portion of this forum.

It should count on the generosity of members such as myself and all of the other contributing members who have already offered to pitch in.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X