What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ_ View Post
    Where are my panjo ads going? I don't even see them show up in the forum i posed in..
    You need to select R3vlimited, after you 'post' the ad to Panjo. It is a difficult and confusing step, to say the least.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      You need to select R3vlimited, after you 'post' the ad to Panjo. It is a difficult and confusing step, to say the least.
      Would you mind elaborating? I can't seem to list anything correctly...
      sigpic

Comment

I think i am going to just use Instagram , Offer up and or Craigslist or Socal local parts listing.
        Last edited by QUKBMER; 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Got a bunch of emails telling me I have been targeted by a Phishing scam through Panjo. Hate this BS
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

panjo has killed R3v... lol
            Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
            HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
              panjo has killed R3v... lol
              I actually signed up for r3v to PM/Respond to people's FS threads. I eventually found myself into the rest of the forum, but the FS section is what drew me here. Also is it just me or has there actually been a very noticeable drop of traffic in the FS sections? Before if I didn't check the Fs section for a day then there would be 2 pages of new unread threads. Now I can go 3 or 4 days and come back to just a few new ones.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                Got a bunch of emails telling me I have been targeted by a Phishing scam through Panjo. Hate this BS
                I'm getting these too. The worst was I actually responded to the first one asking if the item was still available! Never had this problem before...

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                I actually signed up for r3v to PM/Respond to people's FS threads. I eventually found myself into the rest of the forum, but the FS section is what drew me here. Also is it just me or has there actually been a very noticeable drop of traffic in the FS sections? Before if I didn't check the Fs section for a day then there would be 2 pages of new unread threads. Now I can go 3 or 4 days and come back to just a few new ones.
                I think Facebook groups are drawing a lot of sales that otherwise would be posted here....And maybe not only sales, but some of Forum activity in general has decreased...
                "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
                -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

Definitely agree that some forum activity has disappeared as well.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                    I don't like change any more than the rest of you, but I guess I'm struggling to see what the big deal is.
                    Post an ad, and then populate it with all sorts of pictures and links that panjo doesn't offer. Then have panjo dip into your post and delete all your work and your paypal link(s). Call them on it and you'll get this...

(paraphrased - not what they actually said, but close to it) "It's just how we do things, sorry about that. Did we say sorry? Our bad...we meant you can't do anything about it, and you'll learn to like it like that! Did we mention we support r3v by almost not even covering the running cost of the site? Oh, well don't tell anyone that, as we want people to think we contribute to the site and pay the bills - yet we don't even come close to it! Shhhhh Don't tell anyone one that!"
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I dont care for Panjo either. Thumbs down
                      ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

I am not a fan of the FB sales. I miss the thriving FS section. I have parts I want to sell but Panjo doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic
                        1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                        I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Totally miss the thriving FS section. Panjo is shit, $115 part, I had to pay $120 for it, seller got $103 for it.

Useless, R3V needs to dump that crap, I've noticed the entire R3V community has quieted down lately, probably due to this.
                          2016 F-150
                          1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

I just tried to post a Wanted ad for a $20 part and it now involves 18 different steps and basically, just plain sucks.

To the R3V mods - if I only post one thing this year, it's that Panjo is awful and I despise the fact that you allowed this terrible company to corrupt the experience for your users, who - by the way - help keep the lights on here.

As the poster mentioned above, you have effectively taken money out of the enthusiasts' pockets for either yourselves or Panjo, not sure who stands to profit more off of this. But at the end of the day, when Facebook is already stealing activity and pageviews from forums like yours, investing in a solution that drives users away is one of the dumbest decisions you could have made.

I might add: if I do find something through this abortion of a classifieds system, I just email the user and ask if they'll conduct the transaction offsite. Everyone has said yes so far, because everyone knows how cumbersome it is.

Have a lovely day.
                            Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

fully agree with K2ORI

Comment

Originally posted by K20RI_211 View Post
                                To the R3V mods - if I only post one thing this year, it's that Panjo is awful and I despise the fact that you allowed this terrible company to corrupt the experience for your users, who - by the way - help keep the lights on here.
                                This paragraph needs to be addressed, as it contains misconceptions and misinformation.

First, the R3V mods had precisely zero to do with implementing Panjo. It was a decision made unilaterally by James, who is the owner of this site. It's simply our job to support his decisions and enforce the rules here, whether or not we stand behind them 100%.

Second, how exactly do the users keep the lights on? Other than an occasional donation by a miniscule percentage of the forum's membership base, users actually incur more costs for this place than they contribute by using the software and using bandwidth.

The implementation of Panjo was supposed to help offset those costs, by the marketplace feeding a percentage of all transactions back to the site. I don't know how much it's actually helping though, if at all.

All that said, you're welcome to take this up directly with James, since this is his show. Although I think he has far more important things to worry about right now than folks who are angry about the way he provides free services, so maybe give him a few months.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X