Hurricane??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane??

Not to mention buying a car off the lot brand new is the dumbest thing one can do. Sure you get the new car feeling but the second you drive it off the lot you just took 5-10k off the resale price. Id rather find a CPO or something that is a few months old with barely any miles and pay 20k less then new. The only cars that dont really depreciate after being bought new are diesel trucks

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      If you knew what goes on at dealerships with "new" cars that you purchase with a few miles on the odometer, you'd be shocked.

There's a girl at my office who worked at a dealer a few years ago. I can't recall the exact model of Chevrolet, but it was a higher end one that was worth quite a bit (Vett, or something similar). Someone wrecked it on a test drive shortly after it was cleaned after being delivered to the dealership. Sure enough, the same car was back on the lot a couple of weeks later being sold as "new". And since the incident was never reported to insurance, it would never show up on a Carfax report.

...just sayin'
      Oh wow! One story from one person is definitely systemic of everything everywhere!

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Not to mention buying a car off the lot brand new is the dumbest thing one can do. Sure you get the new car feeling but the second you drive it off the lot you just took 5-10k off the resale price. Id rather find a CPO or something that is a few months old with barely any miles and pay 20k less then new. The only cars that dont really depreciate after being bought new are diesel trucks
      Ahhh, more hyperbole.

Good try gents, good try.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hurricane??

You got something stuck up your ass today? If you cant recognize that new cars depreciate at a stupid rate and your better off you buy a good low mileage used one around a year old then idk about you man.

For example i just sold our 2009 f-150 with 120k on it for 7 grand. That was a 45k truck when bought new in 09 that means it depreciated at around 5.6k a year. Truck was clean as hell too. The diesel i just got is a 15 year old truck and retails for 17k. Back in 2002 it was 40k brand new.
        Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 08-30-2017, 10:26 AM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You got something stuck up your ass today? If you cant recognize that new cars depreciate at a stupid rate and your better off you buy a good low mileage used one around a year old then idk about you man.

For example i just sold our 2009 f-150 with 120k on it for 7 grand. That was a 45k truck when bought new in 09 that means it depreciated at around 5.6k a year. Truck was clean as hell too. The diesel i just got is a 15 year old truck and retails for 17k. Back in 2002 it was 40k brand new.
          Yes bro, I've purchased 4 new cars in the last 7 years and never saw the depreciation of which you speak.

And when it comes to trucks, using MSRP is a retarded comparison (you'd know this if you bought new) because they never sell even close to MSRP. Nice pickups typically sell for 15-20% off MSRP. Just pull up your local dealers website and check ;) and they will go even lower than advertised.

Hell when I special ordered my Mustang GT a few years ago, I paid $30,500......$3k off MSRP.......traded it in 8 months later for $30,000.

MAN THAT'S SOME CRAZY DEPRECIATION!!!!

Also your blanket statement of $5-10k off once driving off the lot.......so a 2017 Honda fit immediately becomes worth 50% of what someone paid with 10 miles on it.

WHOA!
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            Touched that up for you. ;)
            Haha my bad, all the more recent ones looks similar to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

i am praying for all the e30s under water there... what a tragedy.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Well at least you admitted somethings up your ass haha. Tell your bf to take it easy next time and it might not get broke off in there and make you so grouchy.

I was never going off msrp i was going by what was paid for it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Only experience I have with a new car purchase is my wife's A3. But she's had TWO cars her entire life, and she'll drive it until the wheels fall off. So from that perspective, I didn't really care if it lost value, I was in it more for the warranty and hers was fresh off the boat when we bought it (had to wait for it to clear the port.) So in that sense purchasing from a dealership makes sense.

But for me personally, I've only bought two cars off a dealership - both used. First one I got burned on, second one wasn't bad, but I also didn't finance, paid cash.

The flooded vehicle thing will suck though, because I know a couple used/specialty dealers up here who mainly buy vehicles out of Texas to begin with (Subie's are cheaper down there and sell for a premium up here.) So I imagine they'll be needing to do some better checking of the auctions over the next year two.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Remember all the cars that got trashed by Sandy?

I'm reading where Harvey's numbers figure to double that. 250k for Sandy versus 500k+ for Harvey.

Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Anyone see this guy save his e30 M3?

EDIT: Meh just realized it was hurricane Matthew not Harvey. Still I'dlike an E30 M3 in my living room
                      Last edited by Hoffbrohaus; 08-30-2017, 01:04 PM. Reason: wrong hurricane
                      '90 325is

Comment

I remember when I was a kid (sometime in the early 80's) that after a huge hurricane somewhere in the south, there were public auctions/lots of flood damaged cars that had been shipped up here to the Pacific NW. They ran advertisement on the radio/TV about them. One of the lots was literally an open field that they dumped all the cars in and set "shop" to sell them all..

Was a simpler time indeed...
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Well at least you admitted somethings up your ass haha. Tell your bf to take it easy next time and it might not get broke off in there and make you so grouchy.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

You have obviously never tried to purchase a current generation Toyota 4runner, taco or landcrusier have you??? You can get incentives from the factory when buying new, that you dont get when buying used..... When we bought the wifes new truck this spring, a identical model that was a 2016 with 13k miles on was only 4500 less and the 15 with 38k on it was 7k less than the brand new one, and with the incentives, we get most of that 4500 back and we only paid about 1300 bucks to get brand new over slightly used. hell 5 year old 100+ k T4R's and tacos are still commanding 45-65+% of new MSRP in the secondary market

That said in general your right, that CPO can be a better buy, but there are lots of other factors, and depends on the model your shopping for. In fact I can we could likely sell the wifes 4runner for more than we have in it tomorrow.
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbrohaus View Post
                              Anyone see this guy save his e30 M3?

While Hurricane Matthew was raging, you may have seen some delightful pictures on the internet of a lovely BMW E30 M3 sitting, warm and safe, inside someone’s house, to better be protected from the storm. Those photos weren’t staged. There actually was a guy who drove his car into his living room to protect it, and we…

EDIT: Meh just realized it was hurricane Matthew not Harvey. Still I'dlike an E30 M3 in my living room
                              This was sent to me from Aaron

M3 Cabrio rep built a long time ago ...

And current status

Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Only experience I have with a new car purchase is my wife's A3. But she's had TWO cars her entire life, and she'll drive it until the wheels fall off.

Audi? I assume this will be about a week after the warranty expires

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                The flooded vehicle thing will suck though, because I know a couple used/specialty dealers up here who mainly buy vehicles out of Texas to begin with (Subie's are cheaper down there and sell for a premium up here.) So I imagine they'll be needing to do some better checking of the auctions over the next year two.
                                I apologize in advance that the rest of you are gonna get fucked by our cars. How do you wash a title anyway? Won't the car fax still show flood loss?

You are absolutely right about your theory of lezbaru's. down here, if you drive one, people assume you are a bull dyke or ghey. Hell, I have never even noticed a dealership in the area. Diesel pickups make penises so much larger in Tex-ass. Oh wait....I have one of those.......Damn.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X