Playing with Timelapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with Timelapse

I downloaded a couple Timelapse aps form my iPhone while I was waiting for it to warm up enough to venture out and do radiator/hose swap yesterday. Here's the video I made:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3dtwd5WK4o

Ended up using one called "TimeLapse"

I set it for 1 frame every second which might be a little fast to show what's actually going on. Suction cup window mount to the roof worked better than expected, but probably should have put it on the minivan next to me for a better angle. Could have used a USB plug to keep it running for the whole project. The phones battery gave out just as I was about to put the new one radiator in.

Cool, Nice angle.
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Thanks, I made another one yesterday when I replaced my valve cover gasket.

Replacing the valve cover gasket on my 1988 325is

I need to figure out how to lock focus. May have to get another app for that, but haven't found one yet.

Comment

oooo i enjoyed the second video very much, i love the cloud reflection off the hood of the car at the end :)

is it normal to put RVT silicone on valve covers??? i've never done such a thing haha.

Comment

Someone should do this with an m50 swap! That would be really cool to see.
          :borg:

Comment

Hey if someone has a spare M50 I'd be willing to do one on my car!

As for RTV on the gaskets, I had no idea. First time I did that job. We put it on the water pump gasket when we did the timing belt, and I could see some grey stuff on the old plastic plugs, so I figured it was the thing to do.

I've since heard it may cause problems next time I'm in there. And why didn't I adjust the valves while I was at it? Like I said, E30 noob...

I found another app that will let me lock the focus, so I'll give that one a try when I do the brakes.

Comment

Working...
            X