This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iso_hi View Post
    Does anyone in the Bay happen to have a BAR'd M30 swap? I'd like to check it out to see what mine is missing in order to complete the testing successfully.
    A little late but if you need help I have one

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone have an e36 rack (it doesn't have to work) we can borrow for a weekend? I just scored a Samberg ls1 e36 subframe and want to mock it up out of the car with a motor and headers Before we go buy an e36 lol. The only thing I don't have for the mockup is a rack.
      A 6 pack of beer or a burrito is in it for you or we can we something out!
      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

i have one you can have

it leaks
        cars beep boop

Comment

E36 rack

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          i have one you can have

it leaks
          Thanks. PM'd you
          My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Having a tough time trying to sell my S52 E30 vert. I believe it’s because it’s not BARD. (Out of state plates) I have some interest as far as parting it out but I would hate to see that happen and rather sell it as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by newman8r View Post
              Having a tough time trying to sell my S52 E30 vert. I believe it’s because it’s not BARD. (Out of state plates) I have some interest as far as parting it out but I would hate to see that happen and rather sell it as a whole
              You've got a few things going against you. Out of state plates means it needs to pass smog and vin verification by the DMV to be titled here. With it being swapped, that's not going to happen with out going to get the car through BAR. Since you have an s52 you'll need to put all the odb2 components in the car so it matches the motor. This is because motor swaps are legal in Cali as long as all the correct emissions equipment of that motor are present.

Long story short.. Part it out or make it legal in cali with an m20.
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                You've got a few things going against you. Out of state plates means it needs to pass smog and vin verification by the DMV to be titled here. With it being swapped, that's not going to happen with out going to get the car through BAR. Since you have an s52 you'll need to put all the odb2 components in the car so it matches the motor. This is because motor swaps are legal in Cali as long as all the correct emissions equipment of that motor are present.

Long story short.. Part it out or make it legal in cali with an m20.

Yeah figures as much. Might transport it back to Texas, I don’t really want to part it out until I find a buyer for the drivetrain first. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Any luck looking in your stash Josh?

Comment

anyone going to LA in the near future? Got a transmission that needs a ride south..
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Any of you guys used Ishihara-Johnson before? I ordered a crank scraper from them getting on three months ago and their lack of communication (getting a hold of them has been like pulling teeth recently) and lack of me getting the crank scraper is starting to really get on my nerves.
                      sigpic

Comment

anyone going to LA in the near future? Got a transmission that needs a ride south..

I just got back yesterday with E30 in hand.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                          Any of you guys used Ishihara-Johnson before? I ordered a crank scraper from them getting on three months ago and their lack of communication (getting a hold of them has been like pulling teeth recently) and lack of me getting the crank scraper is starting to really get on my nerves.
                          I've bought from them before. They do make a real product decently well, but they are totally shit at the customer service part of business. I think it's some guy with a waterjet that knocks these out once there's enough orders.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          I just got back yesterday with E30 in hand.
                          up here for tg?
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Who has replaced an elephant trunk before? I can’t get the fucker on.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Haha, I have ! It’s so much fun. Heat it up, clean up the firewall side and go at it at an angle ...
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm driving down on Wed, I can probably take it. Just gotta ask the GF if it's cool since we're taking her car.
                                sigpic
                                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                                X