Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I suggest people not use compressed air to disassemble their brake calipers.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Wow, I remember the first time I drilled my shocks. Precautions were taken, but not to any extreme.

After reading this thread I am so glad that I didnt get fucked. Something so little has such a large effect.

My condolences man.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Funny I should come across this thread. The exact same thing happened to me back in highschool drilling the bumper shocks on my buddy's e28. We had rags over the shocks and goggles on but we still got shock fluid everywhere. I could taste that crap for days! Fortunately, I don't seem to have any ill effects from that disaster.

Comment

so i was going to do mine at some point next month on the eta.... Ideally whats the best way, remove the whole darn thing and go plastics (if i can even find them?)
          I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
          PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
          paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury[BKM] View Post
            so i was going to do mine at some point next month on the eta.... Ideally whats the best way, remove the whole darn thing and go plastics (if i can even find them?)
            Face sheild, mask, cover the shock with a towel and drill a reasonable size hole so the fluid can blast out but vaporize less.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Im a pretty good shot, maybe mark the area and shoot it with a .22LR from a decent distance lol
              PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.

Comment

^Now you have to do that. I bet it would explode.

Awesome.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
                hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
                And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                  ^Now you have to do that. I bet it would explode.

Awesome.
                  LOL maybe take half the front end with it

Comment

Walking away from an accident with fewer injuries is cooler than having tucked bumpers. Flame away!

Comment

I heard it gives you gingivitis also.
                      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

And herpes.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
                        hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
                        And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

when i did the bumper shocks on my e30, i used a big f'ing hammer, and a punch. i had the shock in a bench vise, and just hit it 2 or 3 times. fluid just kinda oozed out everywhere. no spraying at all. when i compressed them, there was a little surge of fluid, but other than that, no problems.
                          Originally posted by BillBrasky
                          That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                          Originally posted by acolella76
                          i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                          2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                          1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                          1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                          Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

When I was cutting the front frame to fit a larger radiator, using a cutting torch I didn't realize the bumper shock was underneath. When the torch pierced it it was like a huge flame thrower in the engine bay that reached the windshield.
                            Not wearing any gloves or face mask it burned the skin off my index and middle finger and luckily only singed my hair and eyebrows. True story.
                            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                              When I was cutting the front frame to fit a larger radiator, using a cutting torch I didn't realize the bumper shock was underneath. When the torch pierced it it was like a huge flame thrower in the engine bay that reached the windshield.
                              Not wearing any gloves or face mask it burned the skin off my index and middle finger and luckily only singed my hair and eyebrows. True story.
                              I know that should make me scared, and I'm definitely not going to try it, but that does sound pretty freaking cool to see.

Comment

You know, shocks from '88 bumpers are already tucked (and will still work as they should if you hit something or something hits you).

Didn't know if ya'll knew that... . .

Comment

Working...
                                X