No announcement yet.

Fredrik The Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new taillight today for free with the steering column! It's not perfect but at least the turn signal isn't busted out =)

Comment

Got the steering column replaced. Or at least half of it. Because I have an airbag column I could take the top part off without having to replace the whole thing. I also removed the airbag control module while I had everything apart because I want to get a renown wheel eventually. For some reason my car didn't have shear bolts on the steering column it already had regular bolts so that made everything super easy. I had to cut off the shear bolts on the new column but that was easy with it already out of the car. Now that it's all back together I need to save up and buy a whole new door/truck/ignition and key set from ecs tuning so I can lock doors. The original key broke and I don't want to order a new one from BMW as I was quoted $120 for a new key and $140 for a new ignition both made off of my vin. For $260 I could buy a brand new set from ecs.

Old steering column with broken ignition.

New vs old. No corrosion woohoo

All back together! Now I don't have to start my car with a flathead like I stole it haha

Last edited by Luke Girard; 10-04-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Replaced my battery today! It started dying on Monday and it was dead Tuesday morning. I had to jump start it every morning until I was able to get a new battery today. Now it's starts up no problem =)

Comment

You need to resize your pics... you also need new friends.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            You need to resize your pics... you also need new friends.
            I'm not sure how to resize them as I uploaded them with tapatalk. Sadly there are no BMW guys up in the high desert that I know of anymore. Those are just some guys in my class that I hang out with on my lunch break sometimes. The Acura is trash and he actually power slid it into a curb a few days after that pic. He bent the frame, set off the passenger side air bags, and fucked up his whole suspension and wheels on the passenger side. It was pretty funny. And to top it off he "fixed" it by fixing the suspension, ripping the front bumper off, didn't even fix the frame, and buying some awful rep wheels off craigslist for $500 and they're 3 different colors, curbed, missing the fake bolts to make them look like they're 3 piece, and are all poorly plasti dipped black. He's pretty much one of the worst car people I've ever met. My friend with the Mazdaspeed 3 is pretty cool and actually knows how to work on cars and has a nice 80's 4x4 toyota that he rebuilt. I really wish there were BMW guys up here. Every meet I've been too up here is full of riced out hondas and dumb ass cars. No BMWs let alone e30s what so ever.

Comment

Are you using an iphone? It asks me what size I want and I usually choose 800x600 or something in the medium range. Clearly yours are way too big.

Id avoid that dude in the Acura because he's obviously a dumbass.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

No I have a LG G6 (Android) and I have a DSLR I use to take pics with and then upload them with my phone. That's probably why they're all over sized. I'll try and find a hosting site online and get them resized.

I agree. That dude is 100% retarded and annoys me to no end.

Comment

Well I hit a rabbit on the way home from class and it took a chunk out of my lip =( Anybody have a stock lip or maybe an IS Valance I can purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                    Now that it's all back together I need to save up and buy a whole new door/truck/ignition and key set from ecs tuning so I can lock doors. The original key broke and I don't want to order a new one from BMW as I was quoted $120 for a new key and $140 for a new ignition both made off of my vin. For $260 I could buy a brand new set from ecs.
                    OR....

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                    X