Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    So you'll defend the credibility of those that provide findings to which you agree with but you question the credibility of those providing conclusions which you disagree with...based on what?

They're not real scientists because I disagree with them says the hypocritical hypocrite.
    ok cale, show me where i questioned them as scientists. i have stated repeatedly they are smarter than you or i about climate science.
    i have questioned their motives, and especially their ability to predict anything, their secrecy, their manipulation of data, their funding sources, the sheer stupidity of making a statement like "settled science"
    and if you or herb or whoever stepped back from the politics of AGW and examined the data gathered in the real world, it doesn't support your predictions. so something is wrong in the original assumptions/conclusions
    so far you haven't explained your way out of this corner
    show us all, who are skeptical, where you've been correct about any of the science practiced by AGW climate scientists so far
    so far your side has been caught lying, forging documents, hiding data, and fear mongering to further political ambitions.
    keep the faith
    Last edited by gwb72tii; 02-24-2012, 01:48 PM.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Where did anyone make mention of ice cores with 250 million year old samples?
      Implied.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      And it is also true, that over the part 250 millions years, the earth has gone through around 25 to 30 "ice age" cycles, but few if any have seen CO2 levels as high as this. Scientists have validated this by pulling massive ice cores out of Antartica and the North pole, and studying the bubbles in the ice at varying depths.
      I see ~248.5 million years of "assumed" data in that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        So, how long does it take to get 250 million year old ice core samples, and where is the published research showing what those samples have to bring to the scientific community?

Why are these Climate Change people not answering? It's an easy question to answer.
        Uh, I'm not sure where you thought anyone was suggesting we had 250 million years worth of ice core samples. I think the Vostok Ice core is only 800,000 years. But look at the atmospheric carbon concentrations in the graph below:

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        massive??
        what percentage of annual global CO2 is anthropogenic?
        Roughly 4%. We've been over this. If you don't think 4% is much, then eat 4% more calories than your body burns each day, then tell me if you don't see some pretty significant weight gain in 10 years.
        Last edited by herbivor; 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Uh, I'm not sure how else someone who claims to be educated in this information could speak on the facts of 25 to 30 "ice age" cycles, and the facts of them without having real data. How could he factually say few, if any otherwise? How could these "massive" core samples give data? It's like saying you have phone records from the 20's by looking at phone bills from the 1990's.

Comment

Uh, I'm not sure how else someone who claims to be educated in this information could speak on the facts of 25 to 30 "ice age" cycles, and the facts of them without having real data. How could he factually say few, if any otherwise? How could these "massive" core samples give data? It's like saying you have phone records from the 20's by looking at phone bills from the 1990's.
            You realize there are other forms of records than ice cores to tell us past atmospheric conditions right? Records which go back much further than 250mil years. Apparently you don't and you're trying to use your ignorance as the basis for your argument.

Comment

You realize there are other forms of records than ice cores to tell us past atmospheric conditions right? Records which go back much further than 250mil years. Apparently you don't and you're trying to use your ignorance as the basis for your argument.

Your post was nothing but an attempt to attack Farbin.

Why don't you list those other forms of records and educate not attack?
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Like the stomata of leaves, crossed to radio carbon dating?

Haven't flaws been proven in Carbon-14 dating?

It's not like we have 250million year old tree rings to work with, right? Unless you know of some REALLY old trees I haven't heard of.

I'm not finding irrefutable data going back 250 million years, however, I am finding data modeled in a computer of what is assumed to be those pieces of data you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Your post was nothing but an attempt to attack Farbin.

Why don't you list those other forms of records and educate not attack?
                  You're right, because posts like
                  It's not like we have 250million year old tree rings to work with, right? Unless you know of some REALLY old trees I haven't heard of.
                  insinuating that anyone is actually dumb enough to think that show me that he has even less understanding of geology than I do, and that he IS trying to use his ignorance and his unaccredited opinion to argue that which is presented by those who have chosen to make the study of these topics their profession, so yea...I point and laugh at that.

Educate yourself Farbin, ignorant criticism of things you don't understand is not a sound argument in the least.

I'll give you a hint, start looking at geology. Happy studies!

Comment

Hey, another attack as opposed to providing information like an adult would. I'd have thought you were at least mature enough to converse about a topic like an adult. My bad.

Comment

Hey, another attack as opposed to providing information like an adult would. I'd have thought you were at least mature enough to converse about a topic like an adult. My bad.
                      Ahem, r3v. A page ago this turned into a joke thread, forgive me if I don't treat it as a debate class. From now on I'll present my arguments in essay format, 2500 word minimum.

It was criticism, not an attack without merit. If it hurt your feelings you need to sack up.

Comment

So, where are those 250 million year old ice cores?

Comment

So, where are those 250 million year old ice cores?
                          Farbin, How is that you know how to write but not read? There are no ice core data that I'm aware of that is 250 million years old. I don't think anyone here is suggesting there is. But if for some reason you dropped out of school at the 8th grade and didn't learn about the ice ages in your physical science classes like the rest of us did, that's where Wikipedia can be your friend. Please try using it before participating in these discussions:
                          sigpic

Comment

Something I have really grown fond of is the cases of Italian ice from Trader Joes. Lemon is my favorite
                            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                              Something I have really grown fond of is the cases of Italian ice from Trader Joes. Lemon is my favorite

Comment

I love Trader Joes. I await the day one pops up here in my region.

Comment

Working...
                                X