Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great skidplate

I have to agree with the postings that say this product has saved my oil pan dozens of times. HIK has been on the car for at least 5 years, and now protects the 24v which sits even lower than the m20.
    You will never regret it, worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by godspeedm3 View Post
      Any news on the IX skid plate? I too want one that covers the entire oil pan. And yes, I am off-roading.
      No real news but I have started drawing up a worksheet to make sense of a project like this. I will post some sort of an update in the next few weeks.

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
      I have to agree with the postings that say this product has saved my oil pan dozens of times. HIK has been on the car for at least 5 years, and now protects the 24v which sits even lower than the m20.
      You will never regret it, worth every penny.

Thanks, :grin:

JH
      HIK Fab

Comment

Just coming back to say this product is amazing. Was in a hurry and wasn't paying as much attention as I should've been on an unknown street and realized there was a dip in the road at the last second. I hit hard. Felt like the car bounced up like a foot from the impact. Pulled over real quick to make sure everything was alright. Look under the car and the plate doesn't even have a dent in it. Plate has plenty of scrapes from the year of abuse but I was expecting a little bit of bowing at least from this hit. Blown away by the strength of this thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sandrune View Post
          Just coming back to say this product is amazing. Was in a hurry and wasn't paying as much attention as I should've been on an unknown street and realized there was a dip in the road at the last second. I hit hard. Felt like the car bounced up like a foot from the impact. Pulled over real quick to make sure everything was alright. Look under the car and the plate doesn't even have a dent in it. Plate has plenty of scrapes from the year of abuse but I was expecting a little bit of bowing at least from this hit. Blown away by the strength of this thing.

Right on, another oil pan saved! Happy motoring.

IX plate - I'm having a real problem coming up with something that is both functional and practical. I have to put the project aside for a bit but stay tuned.

JH
          HIK Fab

Comment

I'll be first in line for the IX plate

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyEthirtyIX View Post
              I'll be first in line for the IX plate
              I have been patiently waiting 5 years. I would most definitely appreciate one from the first batch.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Need me one of these once I touch money.
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Will there be another group buy coming up?

Comment

^Sorry no plans for a group buy.

The price has remained the same for more than five years. I will have to increase the price eventually. Just a heads UP :eeek:
                    HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      I have been patiently waiting 5 years. I would most definitely appreciate one from the first batch.
                      Would probably be in for one too...

Comment

Welp, skid plate met it's match tonight. It did it's job though and my pan is all good as is everything else but damn I'm bummed. Was driving at the speed of traffic on the freeway and out of no where it just sounds like something on my car exploded. Cross all lanes of traffic to see what the hell happened. Apparently i had hit something in the road, my brand new lip was gone and when I looked under this was the state of my skid plate. I walked back down the road to see what I hit and there was a solid hunk of metal chilling in the road. Looks as if the plate itself pushed it to the side and then the bar just took the whole brunt of it. Snapped the bolts and actually bent the bar back a few inches. As I was looking under my car another car hit the same piece but they weren't so lucky. They weren't even able to get their car to the side of the road. Easily would've been another story for me if I didn't have the plate. Nothing broke other than the impact being strong enough to snap the bolts and bend the bar.

Anyway you think we can fix this man?

'91 318is
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Sure we can fix that. Sledge hammer couple of bolts and patches, done deal.
                          HIK Fab

Comment

Would this fit with an m30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic
                            1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                            I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
                              Would this fit with an m30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir

M10,M20,M30,M42,M/S-50-52-54
                              Hell even the very rare 5.0 :nice:

S54

JH
                              HIK Fab

Comment

is there anyway you could powdercoat it red? I have a skid plate in my cart right now waiting to be bought lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X