No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Sedan Build : The Car That Never Was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in San Diego are you located? I'm here and would love to come check out the progress.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
      Where in San Diego are you located? I'm here and would love to come check out the progress.
      I'm doing it all at my shop in Escondido.
      1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

E30 M3 Sedan Build : The Car That Never Was

Cool build! Best of luck. If you want to see a thread that has a full teardown of an M3 and rebuild, my build thread might be helpful. There are a few others around as well
        Last edited by CurrusDei; 10-17-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Didn't Italy and Portugal get a 4 door 320is with a s14 or just coupes.
          sigpic
          327is
          325es
          325es
          318is
          Fiesta ST
          E46 M3

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
            To my knowledge, they only built them in coupes.

So the front body panels came in today.

Still waiting on the rear, but the bumpers and side skirts should be here next week.
            1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Downeaster1 View Post
              I'm doing it all at my shop in Escondido.
              Will you be there working on Sunday? I will be unloading all my 944S parts at a Porsche swap meet and would love to see this in person while Im there.

To my knowledge, they only built them in coupes.
              Not true, they did in fact make them in sedans and also without the mtech2 kits as most are. One recently sold in your backyard for a pretty decent price, but wasnt CA legal unfortunately

Bid for the chance to own a Factory S14 Powered 1988 BMW 320is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,468.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Will you be there working on Sunday? I will be unloading all my 944S parts at a Porsche swap meet and would love to see this in person while Im there.
                Not true, they did in fact make them in sedans and also without the mtech2 kits as most are. One recently sold in your backyard for a pretty decent price, but wasnt CA legal unfortunately

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-320is/
                Man, that would be so cool! I wish I saw that before, it would have made a much better project!
                I won't be there this Sunday, I actually have to drive up to Stockton to pick up the trunk lid and wing. But I should be in the future if you are in the area.

Comment

Saw this render on Car Throttle the other day
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Wow, look at that-
                    electric windows in front, winders in back.

Whackadoodle. That engine looks... so stinkin sexy..

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Sounds like a great project, just make sure you do it using OEM parts, and and do not cut any corner, it can get very expensive I built a convertible back in 2002, it was great, now I am building a 320IS tribute.
                      Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
                        A very limited number of 4 door 320is cars were made, I think ~1,000.
                        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post

Saw this render on Car Throttle the other day
                          That's pretty much exactly what I'm going for. Except for the correct placement of the front grill emblem, and correct trunk with C-pillars.
                          Like I said earlier, some things are NLA, so we're going to graph a few cars and fabricate the missing pieces.

Originally posted by Replicam3cabrio View Post
                          Sounds like a great project, just make sure you do it using OEM parts, and and do not cut any corner, it can get very expensive I built a convertible back in 2002, it was great, now I am building a 320IS tribute.
                          Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Like I said earlier, some things are NLA, so we're going to graph a few cars and fabricate the missing pieces.
                            Which pieces are you needing to fabricate? I am still waiting on backordered inner fender wells for mine.
                            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                              Which pieces are you needing to fabricate? I am still waiting on backordered inner fender wells for mine.

i think you might be able to buy the regular e30 set and splice in an inch of metal?
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 10-23-2016, 11:11 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Great project, sub'd for more!

Comment

Working...
                                X