X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall 2017 Brodeo - Celebrating a Decade of Debauchery

Nov.1st - Nov. 4th

Registration & Payment Link:

Southeast BMW Brodeo on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 - Sunday, November 5, 2017 at Smoky Mtn. Meadows Campground, Bryson City, NC - Fall 2017 marks the ten year anniversary of the Southeast BMW Brodeo. This is a three day camp out and driving event, comprised of BMW owners and enthusiasts from across the southeast in the Appalach...

Facebook Event Registration & Discussion Here:

(Its a private event and Facebook won't let us change that so unless you are friends with someone already invited or attending you may not be able to view it.

You can submit a request to join the group here:

Members and OGs of the Southeast BMW Brodeo. The BMW Brodeo is a biannual event held in the Smoky Mountain and/or Appalachia Region. Only attending members or newly registered attending members...

Once the request is approved you can join the event there.

If you have any other issues please send me a friend request and I will get you on the list: https://www.facebook.com/rkadunce)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483848598338606/

Overview:

This spring marks the 10 year anniversary of the southeast BMW Brodeo. This is a 4 day camp out and driving event comprised mainly of BMW enthusiasts from across the southeast in the Appalachian / Smoky Mountain region. It is a great chance to enjoy both the beautiful Appalachian mountains and all the curvy roads it has to offer including US129 The Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherahala Skyway, and many other great roads of the Smoky Mountain region. Its also a great place to meet other fellow BMW enthusiasts and make friends with a plethora of interesting people.

The celebration of our decade of debauchery includes random group drives on some great roads, plenty of group campfire time, free beer, and beautiful wildness camping.

We will be camping out at Smoky Mountain Meadows Campground in Bryson City, NC.

OGs know the early bird drill.

Event registration for any tent site is $10/day PER PERSON. Cabins are available but you will need to contact the campground to reserve one and arrange for paying the difference in cost.

You can sign up for 1-4 days.

Registration reserves your spot on the group campsite and covers the tons of firewood burned over the 3 days we are there.

**NOTE: This is very much an adult oriented event. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian and all attendees are expected to be licensed and properly insured before going on group drives.**

BEWARE THAT THIS IS AN 18+ ADULT ORIENTED EVENT!

Cliff Notes Itinerary:

General Itinerary:

--Wednesday May 31st -- "Early Bird Meat"

This is probably the most relaxed time during the event. Usually comprised of OGs and people looking to get the best camping spots. Also time for event organizers to discuss what we plan on doing the next 3 days.

--Thursday June 1st -- "Pre Game"

A majority of the crowd usually shows up from Noon to Midnight. Moderately rowdy and time for the Early Birds to gather supplies and take a few drives while others roll in.

--Friday June 2nd -- "Ladies Night"

If you have a significant other you want to invite of the female variety this would be the night to invite them. Usually 1 night is most any female can usually handle around this crowd during the event (with the exception of a few). Friday usually has a few more group drives involved and also the most people attending. The evening is usually pretty rowdy as well.

In the Fall we also provide a traditional Brunswick Stew cooked to share with the entire group.

--Saturday June 3rd -- "Round 2"

Lots of driving throughout the day and lots of food consumed at the end of the day as everyone who bought too much stuff pretty much cooks it all and hands it out to the masses. Those with more seasoned livers usually just continue as if it were still Friday night.

** A few of the OGs are putting together a scavenger hunt on Saturday that will be sure to make the campfire round-table very enjoyable. ** (More to come on this)

--Sunday June 4th -- "Hydrate"

Pack up camp and head into town for a group breakfast at Bojangles, Broner award ceremony, and final farewells.

What to bring:

- Basic camping supplies (ie. Tent, sleeping bag, cooler, flashlight, etc.)
    - Food & Beverages
    - Personal care items (ie. change of clothes, towels, toiletries, etc.)
    - Driver license and insurance ID card

The campground provides WIFI service, electric hookups, washer & drier, and has bags of ice, snacks and drinks at the campground check in.

There is also a bath house with hot showers, sinks, and toilets.

Firewood for the group is provided by the campground as part of your registration fees. Additional firewood needed for your campsite will need to be purchased from the campground if you want to have your campfire.

We keep things pretty basic so here is a summary of what it is we do at a Brodeo..

Need to get the car back from Dave and the boys at MMW. I'd really like to try to make it for once. Talk soon. Phil B.
    sigpic

Comment

Chasing Chappell and Halston up The Dragon a few years back in the M42 car. Need moar.

'91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Looking forward to it guys! I'm actually bringing an e30 this time.

Comment

Shirt design almost ready thanks to Art.

Probably going to ship some spare parts to Matt to weld up some past due Broners.

If you want a shirt you have to be registered by Oct. 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
            Probably going to ship some spare parts to Matt to weld up some past due Broners.
            Send some my way if you need to--happy to weld for the phalic-gifting cause.
            '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Fall 2017 Brodeo - Celebrating a Decade of Debauchery

I always have to leave too early to enjoy the giving of the broner. Maybe this spring I can make it for the full span.

Also, where dat drone footage at?
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Not all broners are given on Sunday mornings ;D
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Due to a snafu in the MotorsportReg settings (which was totally my fault) registrations were not public.

Registrations are now working as they should and payments can be made through the site. If at all possible, please complete your registration before arriving.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Comment

US129 photos first in for Whiskey Chris vote!

Comment

Thanks Jim!

Vote for me please :D

Comment

Where's spring registration!?
                        sigpic
                        "evil always prevails....because good is dumb"

Comment

I'm getting beat by a BRZ who can't shake a Toyota truck!

Help me out please, people!

Comment

Voted on all devices with internet I️ could!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
                            -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Working...
                            X