Value of this 89 vert Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of this 89 vert Hardtop

hey guys so i just picked up this 89 convertible with an oem hardtop. i really have no intentions on keeping the car as i already have a really clean 325is. Im honestly not even sure what to price the car at so i need some advice.

pros: Clean title, 130k og miles, HARD TOP (saggy headliner though), heated seats, running, seats are pretty good except the driver seat. Black leather interior. Oem Radio etc. all original. Manual soft top also included.

Cons: bumpers, small coolant leak, automatic, rust ( surprisingly only on the valances which isnt too bad, incentive to go plastic bumpers), needs maintenance. Driver seat is torn.

[IMG]20171019_110209_resized by erik varela, on Flickr[/IMG]
    20171019_110256_resized by erik varela, on Flickr
    20171019_110237_resized by erik varela, on Flickr
    20171019_110305_resized by erik varela, on Flickr

How much did you pay for it?
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Comment

you could sell that hardtop for $1k...so you're doing pretty good here if you wanted to part out the hardtop from the rest of the car
        '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
        '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
        '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

i really dont want to separate it from the car. i think its pretty cool that all the original components of the car are still there.

Comment

I see DB verts sit on the PHX clist for a long time in the 2-3k range. With a hardtop it may move faster.

Do some work to it. Clean it up a bit, maybe a professional detail. Put a bit of money into it and your return could be better.

Comment

yeah i think i may do that. i have a set of late model valances and plastic bumpers that i might throw on just to make it appeal to more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikvarela88 View Post
                yeah i think i may do that. i have a set of late model valances and plastic bumpers that i might throw on just to make it appeal to more people.
                That is a huge help IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikvarela88 View Post
                  if you do that, i may be interested in some plastic and rubber bits!
                  '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
                  '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
                  '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

1500 no more.

and all these what is worth threads are sorta pointless, could be 50 issues we cant see, an e30 these days is just worth what the buyer is willing to pay

i sold an 89 325 with m50 for 1900 that needed slave installed, 2 relays, and dipstick put in, some markets are way different then others

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                    X