Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummmmm. Ok
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

weirdest spammer ever

Comment

I actually read that thinking, wow, this is getting pretty irrelevant.....AWE SHIT SPAMMED.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I'll bet the monies generated will go to "general revenues" like the gas tax already does and NOT get earmarked for road repairs. Thats how we do things up here. Any excuse to get a new tax on the books.

Comment

^
            Fuel Use taxes are remitted to the feds HWY trust funds. In americas hat your use taxes largely help pay for your Single payer health care system.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
              Also make those stupid mopeds pay to be registered like cars. Those things are pesky and get in the way, and don't get me started on the asshole bikers here who won't move over and get piss when you want to pass them. Clogging up our roads and not paying a penny for they're maintenance.
              my 200lb motorcycle and my gf's 150lb scooter don't cause as much road wear as your 3000lb car does. why should we pay as much use tax as you do? (and in CA, both of these vehicles have to be registered like cars- if anything, we are over-contributing.)
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                my 200lb motorcycle and my gf's 150lb scooter don't cause as much road wear as your 3000lb car does. why should we pay as much use tax as you do? (and in CA, both of these vehicles have to be registered like cars- if anything, we are over-contributing.)

Fuck that jazz. So many people here in SD, were telling me I should get a scooter so I wouldn't have to register or get a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/motorcycles/motorcycles.htm

Fuck that jazz. So many people here in SD, were telling me I should get a scooter so I wouldn't have to register or get a license.
                  yeah, that's not true at all- used to be, but hasn't been for years now.

my gf's scooter is a honda metropolitan 50cc, still needs reg and license. on the upside, even after doing a couple upgrades to make it a little faster, it still gets 100mpg.

my derbis aren't quite that thrifty, they're 80cc two-stroke so they drink a little more, but they are fun as hell and i'm not perceived as a scooter fag riding one- middle bike in this pic http://instagram.com/p/ZWsdFOn2oi/

i picked these bikes because they are the homologation versions of derbi's entry-level motogp racing efforts: http://www.derbi.com/uk/index.php?op...=176&Itemid=84

they are only about as fast as a ninja/cbr 250, but they're 100lbs lighter and built on a platform designed to be racing competitive, so the handling is knife-edge in comparison.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    Taxes are too low
                    You and I finally agree on something.

BFFs?

Comment

as usual, the L.A. Times found a way to spin the position of an ideological opponent to support their stance.

the Reason Foundation advocates replacing fuel taxes with this user fee. in the world of the Times the fee would augment the taxes.

"Soak the Rich" cry the leftists. except a user fee plus fuel taxes would hit most severely those who cannot afford to live near their work and must commute.

Comment

You have some sort of cognitive bias--there's no positive spin in that article.

Comment

so do you- misrepresenting the position of a think tank is prima facie bias

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            because in the world of obama, road use is the same as a single pay health system
                            use has nothing to do with anything. its a tax generator.

BTW - digital odometers will not be required IMHO. there are alternatives such as GPS that can calculate miles traveled, and also log where the heck you've been in case the feds would like to know.

but they wouldn't do that.....
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              because in the world of obama, road use is the same as a single pay health system
                              use has nothing to do with anything. its a tax generator.
                              well, registration requirement on these vehicles began in CA in 2005, under bush, but it's a state policy anyhow, not federal.

other than that... hey, look, we agree on something.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Working...
                              X