No announcement yet.

Deal Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk to you guys in 6 months when the new deal they are planning falls through
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Sure, but is there a religious reason? Is this a country that has a puppet master ruling the ruler from the position of spiritual superior? Or are those assumptions totally off base and 100% unequivocally wrong? How many people in spots that afford them power have spoken of using the might of the country to wipe other countries off the map?
      Yes and no.. If you have been following the foreign policy, as well as domestic affairs of the I.R since its conception (like myself), there is a rather apparent pattern in the decreasing role of Islam, or arguable increase in "divine irrelevance" as I'd like to put it, in the state.

When it comes down to it, money talks in the mullahs' sphere. You could trace it all the way back to '89, with the coming to power of Rafsanjani. Then (as well as now), Iran was struggling to rebuild its empire after the Iran-Iraq war, despite increasing international isolation.

While the story is much different today in regards to their infrastructure (they have advanced significantly), they are nowhere near their operating potential. They have the capacity to make themselves the Germany of the Middle East. But until their economy picks up to the pace of the Western world, they'll have to settle for having a massive brain-drain, as well as comparatively poor overall living standards. And the Ayatollah knows this.

The iron fist of the Islamic Republic that was once knocking out and taking names in 1980 has gradually oxidized and picked up a coat of rust. I'd like to argue that it is melting down into something new.

@Farbin, herr faust, etc... I truly hope that you guys stick around for the road ahead. And I do hope that you guys could learn to accept the "new" Iran, rather than accepting a stereotype that's been around for the last 34 years. The era of such a stereotype is coming to an end - even the opinons in Israel are increasingly growing disconnected with Bibi's extremist rhetoric.

I mean, it's really only him, the Saudis, and whomever else who cannot come to grips with a new challenge to their respective hegemonic interests.

I have friends and relatives in Israel. I have friends and relatives in Iran.
      While that shouldn't have any bearing on my own political views, I can assure you skeptics that the situation isn't what our media portrays..it's not what they want you to know. But then again, there are flaws in all societies.

The Chinese commiting atrocities in Tianmen and Tibet, have we stopped doing business with them? Israel time and time over again breaks international laws of peace - do we stop them? Pakistan, India, Vietnam...catch my drift? Dirty laundry isn't anything new.

But hell - it's a free country. By all means, if you choose to tune into the entertainment of our nation's puppetheads in politics (both sides of the isle), the entertainment of our "spiritual" leaders in the Westboro Baptist Church, AIPAC, Fox News, and the likes. Ignorance is bliss, right?

The Islamic Republic of Iran is in my opinion, evolving very similarly to China - just with slightly different attributes that make it unique.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

^

yup when you have the last president running his yap like this, as recent as 2 years ago, to the UN general assembly shows so much tolleance huh. New Iran MY ASS

yeah yeah its his job to say inflammatory shit to keep the rest of the world focused on him and not what the Mullahs are really up too.........
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I'm assuming freeride is iranian or some sort of middle eastern person?

Comment

I understand what you are saying, and maybe I'm going off intuition, but this whole thing does not feel like a good thing to me.

Comment

I'm confused. From reading the article, it seems Iran is now limited to making less enriched uranium, meaning they won't be able to make weapons grade stuff, only stuff used for power plants. This means no bombs, correct?

How is that a bad thing? Why is Israel against this?

I honestly don't understand, not trying to argue or anything. I'm not really up to speed on any of this and am the least political person you will meet.

Comment

Allowing them to produce a low grade product legally now means they have the ability to use that material to make it high grade. It's a lot easier to take low grade and turn it to high than it is to take no grade nothing and turn it into high grade material.

It's not that they are gonna make a bomb next week, but the political climate there is up in the air, and one coup away from a super hardline militant taking over and bumping the centrifuges to full capacity to turn that low grade stockpile into magic world melting material.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                  I'm confused. From reading the article, it seems Iran is now limited to making less enriched uranium, meaning they won't be able to make weapons grade stuff, only stuff used for power plants. This means no bombs, correct?

I honestly don't understand, not trying to argue or anything. I'm not really up to speed on any of this and am the least political person you will meet.
                  attach low grade radioactive material to conventional explosives and you can render a large area unhabitable for up too, tens of thousands of years and if a highly populace area you can kill many people via radioactive contamination before anyone even knows whats going on.

Dirty Bomb, also what farbin has laid out for as well, allowing them to keep and use the tech to make low enriched fuel what is really going to stop them form making a bit of higher grade. Really a piece of paper ummm yeah ok, If you believe that I have some ocean front property in North Dakota I need to sell I assume your interested??? North Korea pulled this trick, by going along with sanctions and more sanctions, then restrictions on what they could make and do while keeping and allowed to continue using it to develop energy production until they had what they needed for the bomb. This is a stalling tactic to delay and stall until they have what they need, and Kerry and our our dear leader are playing right into this shit again.

Also I think its funny that they are end running and totally ignoring congress again which was the body to levy such trade sanctions along with the rest of the international comunity. There are lots of law makers on both sides of the isle that are not happy about this and there are rumors that they might try and do something about this and counter the administration and rein it back in on this deal.
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    Both of my grandfather's are/were Persian. Yes that is true.
                    However that is completely irrelevant, because if I were to adhere to their pro-Shah ideology, I would be on-board the anti-IR boat with you guys..

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    ^

yup when you have the last president running his yap like this, as recent as 2 years ago, to the UN general assembly shows so much tolleance huh. New Iran MY ASS

yeah yeah its his job to say inflammatory shit to keep the rest of the world focused on him and not what the Mullahs are really up too.........
                    Completely irrelevant to the argument, again.
                    The Iranian people, as well as the new foreign minister, and President, have ALL made an effort to distance themselves/their new government from Ahmadinejad and his rhetoric.

Shoot, even the supreme leader was at odds with Ahmadinejad, reflecting Ahmadinejad's disconnect with the Iranian gov't during his 2-term presidency. He didn't represent the majority - rather the ultra-conservative minority, which is now far less represented.

Kinda like claiming that America is mostly made up of neo-con's...when it's not...

I understand what you are saying, and maybe I'm going off intuition, but this whole thing does not feel like a good thing to me.
                    Well, then all we can do is let time tell.. ;)

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post

You're precisely on point with this one. It is not a bad deal - in fact, Israel should be very happy now and quit bitching.

Netanyahu is out for total hegemony in the region, so he doesn't want to see Iran even get the *slightest* rights or respect from the international community.

attach low grade radioactive material to conventional explosives and you can render a large area unhabitable for up too, tens of thousands of years and if a highly populace area you can kill many people via radioactive contamination before anyone even knows whats going on.

Dirty Bomb, also what farbin has laid out for as well, allowing them to keep and use the tech to make low enriched fuel what is really going to stop them form making a bit of higher grade. Really a piece of paper ummm yeah ok, If you believe that I have some ocean front property in North Dakota I need to sell I assume your interested??? North Korea pulled this trick, by going along with sanctions and more sanctions, then restrictions on what they could make and do while keeping and allowed to continue using it to develop energy production until they had what they needed for the bomb. This is a stalling tactic to delay and stall until they have what they need, and Kerry and our our dear leader are playing right into this shit again.

Also I think its funny that they are end running and totally ignoring congress again which was the body to levy such trade sanctions along with the rest of the international comunity. There are lots of law makers on both sides of the isle that are not happy about this and there are rumors that they might try and do something about this and counter the administration and rein it back in on this deal.
                    Allowing them to produce a low grade product legally now means they have the ability to use that material to make it high grade. It's a lot easier to take low grade and turn it to high than it is to take no grade nothing and turn it into high grade material.

It's not that they are gonna make a bomb next week, but the political climate there is up in the air, and one coup away from a super hardline militant taking over and bumping the centrifuges to full capacity to turn that low grade stockpile into magic world melting material.
                    Once again.... I just don't understand why some of y'all fail to understand that under the new agreement, Iran is cornered and it would be completely illogical for them to develop a weapon. We know, and they know, that it would mean nailing their own coffin. How does this not make sense to you?

Also, it is a commonly-accepted fact that if....and only if Iran were to develop any sort of nuclear capability with their limited resources, they would still be obliterated by the US, Israel, and others....

If you knew that if you would face complete obliteration if you were to develop nukes, would you do it?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      I'm appreciating that he's at least willing to discuss the subject intelligently- past comments from the Persian contingent on r3v have always sounded like "you don't know anything about Iran and you're not allowed to talk about it."
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

lol I remember taxi medallion M3 hackery boy

I dont think this one quite understands religious fanaticism knows no logical course of action other than carrying out what they see as Al-aha's will.......... I.E. destroying the great Satan and Little Satan.

William Pitt-

Comment

Now, don't take this the wrong way when I make a relation to ponder from my standpoint.

Let's make this hypothetical, and use me, so I don't offend anyone, and I can answer wholeheartedly.

So, I'm a bratty kid, (no lie) and I want to do something. Let's say it's go to a concert. Lets say it's 1996, and it's a Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids show, with NIN and Slipknot. There is no way my parents are gonna let me go. No way. The concert is in a few months, and I know this.

So, I start asking my parents to let me go to the mall. I go three times a week, I am home when I am supposed to be, I don't break their curfew, I don't get in trouble, I lul them into a sense of security that I can follow the rules. I make them all believe I am a good, rule following kid. But I'm still a brat, and I'm going to do what the fuck I want to regardless of what ANYONE else tells me, I simply oblige them so I can get my way and complete the opus of my master plan.

The day of the concert comes, I have been planning for months, making everyone feel that the mall is safe, I'll be home, I won't break the ground rules laid before me by those in charge. I leave for the mall, and then.....

BOOM!

I'm driving across Southern California, breaking ALL the rules, with the ticket I bought, under their noses, on my way to the concert I knew I would attend, and nobody was gonna stop me, even if they thought they had the upper hand by making rules.

They forgot one thing, people that want something with every fiber of their being will do ANYTHING to achieve their endgoal.

The rules mean nothing, this agreement means nothing, it's the same exact example as having a nationwide ban on firearms to protect people, because the bad guys that you need to be protected from don't follow the rules, they mean nothing, they are just obstacles, not barriers.

Comment

@farbin. What right do we have as being the 'parents' in your hypothetical. I would rebel too if my parents were abusive and over bearing. Besides, this hypothetical relates closer to what the united states does if you add in the bullying part.

I know what I'm saying is rambling best ignored but really, how many times have we used war and killed for peace? I don't deny that there's a possibility of a dirty bomb being passed along to some groups but the fall of the USSR didn't end the world in terrorist nuclear attacks. We impose harsh economic sanctions and name them part of the axis of evil but can't we stop to think about how we involved ourselves in their country before we let fear and hate dictate our current relations? It almost seems like we strive for certain people to hate us and then use their natural feeling for retribution as justifications to continue being assholes.As I said before, merely turn the tables...I'm sure this world would of been a lot closer to ending.

Heavy Israeli anti iranian, pro sanctions propaganda campaign by now on youtube btw.
                            Last edited by Dozyproductions; 11-26-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

lol I remember taxi medallion M3 hackery boy

I dont think this one quite understands religious fanaticism knows no logical course of action other than carrying out what they see as Al-aha's will.......... I.E. destroying the great Satan and Little Satan.
                              Again, the climate that you describe is something that's on a whole different plain than the current situation in Iran. The vast majority of people living in Iran have nothing against America, in fact, they love Americans and want to forget the circumstance in which their two cultures seperated from each other over 30 years ago. Hearing words like your don't make me angry at you, rather at the Presidency of Ahmadinejad, who's extreme words & views made people like you think the way that you do. And before that, the students who seized the US embassy in 1979 acting upon their own will - not under the orders of the revolution's leader, Khomeini.

Now don't take this all the wrong way. I'm not being an apologist, or condoning the actions of the Islamic Republic, since its conception in '79.
                              Cause I'm not - I'm just stating true facts.

Millions of Americans also do not know that in the days before Former President George W Bush declared Iran under the "Axis of Evil", Iran (then under level-headed reformist President Khatami) had actually offered to join forces with America against Al-Qaeda/Taliban, and even go as far as indirectly recognizing Israel.

How do you think a country's electorate would react in the period shortly after such an event? Sorta like a slap in the face, just after extending your own hand in friendship, do you agree?

Now, don't take this the wrong way when I make a relation to ponder from my standpoint.

They forgot one thing, people that want something with every fiber of their being will do ANYTHING to achieve their endgoal.

The rules mean nothing, this agreement means nothing, it's the same exact example as having a nationwide ban on firearms to protect people, because the bad guys that you need to be protected from don't follow the rules, they mean nothing, they are just obstacles, not barriers.
                              Farbin, I appreciate your personal anecdote. It lets me know that you are expressing the truest of your own feelings through your argument, not just echoing the rhetoric of others.

But again, let me bring you back to the fact that the majority of the Iranian people at this point in history do not have the concealed will to do such things, or the hidden agenda to get a nuke, or go after Israel/USA in a malicious way. While there is proof for this claim substantiated in the countless remarks and statements of Iranian political elite throughout the last few years (putting aside Ahmadinejad lol) I'd like to look to the famous protests of 2009, or recent demonstrations in the last year over the celebration of Rouhani's election under his promise for reform and bridging ties with the West.

After all, you are right. It isn't the words of a few political figures who truly count or reflect the views of 77,000,000 people -rather it is the demonstrations and social movements led by the people themselves.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

^

When you have a people trying to acquire a means by which they have vowed to use to destroy you and your friends. Its in your direct interest to keep them from acquiring such items

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X