Illinois, no longer the last CC hold out? Congrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois, no longer the last CC hold out? Congrats

I did not realize that you guys had concealed carry in every state.

and I thought Canada abandoning it's long gun registry was a big deal.

congrats from a somewhat envious neighbour (that is spelled the Canadian way)..

Discuss?
    Originally Posted by ACMF74
    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Note: Shall Issue and May Issue states are quite a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
      I did not realize that you guys had concealed carry in every state.
      We don't. Tennessee offers only a "handgun carry permit," which is not synonymous with a "CCW permit."

That said, some states (TN included) require you to pass both a written and a proficiency test as well as a background check, while others (like AL) only require you to fill out and submit a form. You can carry in/through AL with a TN permit, but TN does not officially recognize AL's permit since its requirements are far less stringent.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

yes the SCOTUS slapped IL a few days before Newtown in 2011 and told them they could not out right bar CCW.

Though the state to state murky quagmire that is Shall/May issue, reciprocity and licensing requirements etc... is a legal mine field for those that travel at all out their home states.

You can end up on felony weapons charges real easy even when in 100% compliance from the actions of an ignorant and over zealous officer or a conviction due to some vague or ambiguous little know clause in some other states CCW regs..............
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

^Being ignorant of the law is not an excuse?

If you plan to travel with your weapon it is your responsibility to know the laws of the in which you are traveling.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

No shit, I have never implied that it was. I am on the record saying that very thing many times over in such discussions. I am well versed in the regs when and where I travel in various states for this very reason.

Thats said it still does not stop a ass hat barney fife form trying shit, and still costing you time and money in legal defense.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Note: Shall Issue and May Issue states are quite a bit different.
              No doubt, even Canada (apparently) has a provision for a "may issue" my understanding is 14 lucky Canadians have one of these (Rumor says one of them is one of the most vocal anti-gun advocates we have, but that is probably just BS)

Originally posted by agent View Post
              We don't. Tennessee offers only a "handgun carry permit," which is not synonymous with a "CCW permit."

That said, some states (TN included) require you to pass both a written and a proficiency test as well as a background check, while others (like AL) only require you to fill out and submit a form. You can carry in/through AL with a TN permit, but TN does not officially recognize AL's permit since its requirements are far less stringent.
              I do support people knowing what they are doing when it comes to carrying firearms for the use in potential self-defense/ deterrence (probably the liberal social programming up here) even if I am a vocal Pro-Firearm supporter.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              yes the SCOTUS slapped IL a few days before Newtown in 2011 and told them they could not out right bar CCW.

Though the state to state murky quagmire that is Shall/May issue, reciprocity and licensing requirements etc... is a legal mine field for those that travel at all out their home states.

You can end up on felony weapons charges real easy even when in 100% compliance from the actions of an ignorant and over zealous officer or a conviction due to some vague or ambiguous little know clause in some other states CCW regs..............
              I had done some reading on a Canadian enthusiast website about some of the ways we can carry in the U.S. when traveling there, in a nutshell it hinges on a Hunting permit from one state, and surfs a bunch of reciprocity from state to state...funny it is far easier for me to go to another country to carry a pistol in public than it would be for me to do it here.wtf?

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              ^Being ignorant of the law is not an excuse?

If you plan to travel with your weapon it is your responsibility to know the laws of the in which you are traveling.
              that would be exactly the point of the thread I was reading on how to legally CCW in the US, I WAY over simplified the process, but there is no defense in ignorance, it is a good way to end up in the shit.
              Originally Posted by ACMF74
              i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I was very pleased to find that I didn't have to stop at the border, unload and secure it in a case, then continue my trip through Illinois. Now as long as it doesn't leave the vehicle it can be loaded. Handgunlaw.us is your friend. The "CCW" is different I'm a lot of states. Here in Indiana it is referred to as a "license to carry handgun or LTCH". Some states allow open carry without a license while having a concealed weapons permit. Indiana requires you to purchase the license to carry a handgun in any fashion. While we don't have a training requirement, some could benefit for training for sure. I was raised around guns and at a young age taught that guns weren't toys.
                Originally posted by Roysneon
                I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

Working...
                X