No announcement yet.

"is lip" paint recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does plasti-dip come in different colors?
    how about transparent?
    I´m sorry, didn´t mean to threadjack
    1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Never seen it in transparent...but who knows.

I just picked up a couple cans of SEM trim black. Can't wait to clean up the appearance a bit. It definitely makes a huge difference.

Comment

i used flat black rustoleum spray paint. didnt even sand or anything. in great condition and its been like a year
        sigpic

Comment

Plast-dip comes in a clear but not like you would expect. You can tell it's there, but it might be worth it for some protection... or just clear bra
          Matt

Comment

that´s exactly what I wanted it for:protection, NOT color.
            Can someone post any pics of your lips?

Comment

I went to home depot to pick up a can of clear plasti dip, but guess what? they only had black. Though a quick inspection of the back of the can revealed it (apparently) comes in black, white, red and clear. Further investigation lead me directly into their website, coincidentally plastidip.com (elementary...duh) which in turn unveiled the possibility of plasti-dipping (...well, not exactly) your "is" or volvo lips in body colour. Any body colour. Greatly depending upon your colorimetry skills, that is, (good luck making bronzit or even zinno). They have a kit sold in ACE hardware stores that comes with clear plastidip and five concentrated bottles (black, white, and the 3 basic colours) you mix in to get your desired tone, shade or tint. Interesting. First one to (succesfully) try it out gets a prize!

Comment

so for the plasti-dip, it's not spray on? you paint it on with a brush?

Comment

it DOES come in a spray-on can. It also comes in a can as if it was wall paint. Don´t know if brushing it on the part itself it´s a good idea, though. If you choose not to spray it, I think it would be better to pour the plasti dip onto the piece (since dipping is most likely impossible), let it drip onto a pan and reuse, if needed, whatever amount dripped from it.

Comment

Originally posted by m_dudey View Post
                    so for the plasti-dip, it's not spray on? you paint it on with a brush?
                    just spray it on.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

i was really disappointed with 3m trim paint! i sanded and and used paint prep and applied 3 coats on my rockers and rear valence and it came off in the first month! maybe it was my fault but i was very disappointed!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X