Wheel Spacers for 225/50/14 Hoosiers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Spacers for 225/50/14 Hoosiers???

I just ordered some 225/50/14 Hoosiers for my basketweaves. What spacer size am I gonna need for them since I'm thinking I might rub on the inner strut on the front wheel with the standard offset of my weaves. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks

89 Alpine White e30 325i

I'd suggest to put them on and find out. But prolly at least 5mm
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Run a 205 Hoosier instead. The shoulder roll on the 225's takes away from the contact patch. I run faster times on track with my 205's than 225's. I still used 5mm spacers all the way around either way.
      Kevin Gibson
      90 325is

Comment

Apologies for pulling up an old thread but a related question. I recently picked up a set of used 225 Hoosier A6s on 14" BMW BBS weaves. Car is on Bilstein sports and H&R race with Vorschlag camber plates. The fronts clear the struts fine with an 8mm spacer and the rears have no problem with outer fender clearance. Turns out the issue is inner clearance on the rears when under load.

I ran this setup yesterday at an autox for the first time and when changing back to the street setup at the end of the day I found that the rears had been rubbing under load on the inboard tire shoulder. With the wheels off the car I found two places about 1/2-3/4" long where the undercoating had been rubbed off the metal of the inner fender well. Not sure what the proper name of the exact location is but this would be near the bottom of the vertical metal body sheet that stops just short of the muffler. Anyway the top of the tire shoulder isn't hitting but about 4" down from the top of the tire on either side. There was more rubbing on the driver's than passenger side which makes sense on a clockwise course.

I figure I need some spacers for the rear (5mm, more???) and was wondering if anyone else had run into this?
        1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
        1991 318is: raw DD
        2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Boris3 View Post
          Apologies for pulling up an old thread but a related question. I recently picked up a set of used 225 Hoosier A6s on 14" BMW BBS weaves. Car is on Bilstein sports and H&R race with Vorschlag camber plates. The fronts clear the struts fine with an 8mm spacer and the rears have no problem with outer fender clearance. Turns out the issue is inner clearance on the rears when under load.

I ran this setup yesterday at an autox for the first time and when changing back to the street setup at the end of the day I found that the rears had been rubbing under load on the inboard tire shoulder. With the wheels off the car I found two places about 1/2-3/4" long where the undercoating had been rubbed off the metal of the inner fender well. Not sure what the proper name of the exact location is but this would be near the bottom of the vertical metal body sheet that stops just short of the muffler. Anyway the top of the tire shoulder isn't hitting but about 4" down from the top of the tire on either side. There was more rubbing on the driver's than passenger side which makes sense on a clockwise course.

I figure I need some spacers for the rear (5mm, more???) and was wondering if anyone else had run into this?
          not on my e30, but another car. too wide a tire for the wheel, but was fixed with spacers. I would suggest at least 5mm, upto 10. more if you want some more track.
          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

we ran a 25mm spacer when we ran the 225´s on the weaves we ran toyo ra1´s if it makes any difference

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

Lostbeachbum, even with a 225 RA1s I would have guessed that 25mm spacers + weaves on rears would rub fenders unless rolled? Maybe OK on a early model or not lowered?

Comment

Working...
                X