Removed Stock Radio, Car Won't Start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed Stock Radio, Car Won't Start?

PREFACE: Ok long story short, I unplugged my 100% stock radio out of my '88. Haven't had the time to take it to a shop so I can get a new one installed. Almost two months pass (haven't started it at all) and then I have a chance to take it to the shop. I try to start 'er up and it won't start. I can hear the starter, the fan spins and everything but the car just won't start. Charged battery, checked fuel, everything seems ok.

QUESTION: Ok so my '88 came with the premium sound system, alarm system/radio thingie (the "if you put the wrong code 3 times it won't start" radio thing). So I'm thinking that since I removed the radio, it's prevent the engine from turning on. Is that a thing? I know the radio feature cuts the fuel off, so should I just try to connect the radio back in? It was running perfectly two months ago...
    Thanks in advance.
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Did you try starting the car immediately after taking out the radio? Did it work?

If so, I'd keep troubleshooting with the radio out. If not, I'd put it back in.

Comment

Working...
    X