Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    Not sure if anyone in here is watching the NBA Finals but our city up here has been BUZZING this whole playoffs run. Last night was epic up here.

Saw on TV, they kept popping over to other parts of town to show the crowds. Looks like one huge party.

Ezekiel 25:17
    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
      By sea or air?
      Costco is amazing for this if you want to check it out, great deals!

+1 for Costco travel.

Ezekiel 25:17
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Powling, we'll still be friends after this is over. Nobody said you guys would get swept, Warriors in 6, but if your team keeps getting those magical drops it might go 7 and then who knows...

As for me, it didnt get resolved. Took ~30 minutes to get all the booking info completed through Norwegian air (flights, seats, names, etc) then the "Secured by Visa" declined my card. Ok, its a big purchase I get it. I call my CC company, a little annoyed, spent another 20+ minutes verifying myself and giving them the name of the airline and the total ($3147.80).

Try it again, then it appears the website is taking forever to clear the transaction and eventually (~10-15 minutes) times out and goes back to the prior screen. I try again, and while the same blank/ processing screen is doing its thing, I figure I should call the airline directly. Get a nice Ukrainian women and while discussing this, she looks up and doesnt see a confirmation, so we start the process again... ~45 minutes later and the total is $24 less because of a cancellation protection that I cant request over the phone. Transaction declined.

Now Im really annoyed and call this Visa "Concierge Service" BS that my card has and I figure I will make them do it. Another ~30 minutes and that dude gets the same blank screen, so he suggests we call the airline and I suggest we call Secured by Visa to see why TF they declined my card when I told them who and how much... so he calls them and their system is down. I post on r3v (because I was on r3v the whole time) and go to bed...

as Im typing this I get an automated call asking if I authorized 5 transactions lol... fuckin technology.

Im going to try it again right now and if it doesnt work, Im going to call Visa and tear them a new one, because even though part of this isnt their fault, they should've authorized it after calling them and it wouldve saved me a lot of time

TLDR; Secured by Visa is a joke

edit: spent 5 minutes flying through the page because I have the seats and flights memorized now and it worked.... Italy here we come!... In October...
        Last edited by 2mAn; 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What parts of Italy are you going to? I went back in 2006 and was able to see Rome, Pisa, and Florence. After that I went and bounced around France and Spain a bit.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

I think it’s nonsense barely cooking a steak, makes me gag as if I’m taking a bite out of a live cow.
            I need it to be well done, enough to resole my shoes.
            There has to be a plate with two scoops aloha and a mound of potato-macaroni salad just waiting for those kalbi short ribs. Used to chop em up and make sushi rolls for fishing trips. Win.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              What parts of Italy are you going to? I went back in 2006 and was able to see Rome, Pisa, and Florence. After that I went and bounced around France and Spain a bit.
              Flying in & out of Rome. Not exactly sure how far north or south were going to travel yet, but Rome is the main spot and we'll likely leave for ~4-6 days on a trip to see some of the other cities on the list.

suggestions are welcome from those who've gone
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Doing yardwork.

It's so hot my balls had a thermonuclear meltdown.
                I do things.

Comment

Chernobayls.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    Chernobayls.

We've had PNW weather here in LA this year, been a nice change
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

After a cooler than usual spring, it's starting to heat up here in Phoenix.

My buddy and I sweated our asses off installing the new amp in my e30.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        suggestions are welcome from those who've gone
                        Oh! One other area I went to was Cinque Terre. If you can make that work, I recommend that too.

First wildfire smoke of the year, coming down from northern Alberta now. Woohoo.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Buddy just left for Italy yesterday, so jealous.

Trying to find a family friendly destination for the wife and daughters first trip abroad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Buddy just left for Italy yesterday, so jealous.

Trying to find a family friendly destination for the wife and daughters first trip abroad..

Heard the beaches in Nice, France is pretty....nice ;D
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Lol.

Sadly, been there and wasn’t impressed. We get a little spoiled on the West Coast beach wise. The city was cool though, but I also really liked the smaller towns like Chartes.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

not sure why R3V isn't sending me posting notifications...rip

medium rare here too.

Italy would be really cool to go to. Heck you could probably spend the whole time in Rome.

I went to Paris with my parents my Junior year and we just walked around Paris for the whole week. It was great!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X