Dyno M50 swap results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno M50 swap results

Here are some dyno graphs of my M50 nonvanos swap. The first graph is when the engine is cold. The second graph is when the engine is warm indicating the oxygen sensor should probably be replaced. Wouldn't have noticed that without the Dyno.

sigpic

hmm, need to get that AFR under control before that motor grenades. It looks like you are down about 30RWHP, I would suspect there is a little more to it than just the 02 sensor.

looks like it is time for an 02 Delete!
    Brian Jacobs

Comment

I thought the rated engine hp for an M50 was about 192. So 164 rwhp is about right after drivetrain losses no?
      sigpic

Comment

fuck sorry, I read S50, I know you wrote M50. With that said yes that is not far off, but your AFR should be way lower. I would venture to say that when you get that figured out you should pick up a few HP/TQ

but more important over the power is the reliability. It would be a shame to do all that work and have a motor detanate on you.
        Brian Jacobs

Comment

what gear and tranny setup does your swap car have?
          sigpic

Comment

Definitely a new O2 and maybe an AFPR, dial the pressure up a few pounds. They like to be rich up top.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Running a 5 sp. Z3 tranny. Throwing a new O2 sensor in today.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X