Sand Blasting 3pc rimz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sand Blasting 3pc rimz?

Well I want to do something visual to my car so I am going to paint my wheels. I have Hartge Japan 3pc rims 16x7, now if you do not know hartge japan seem welded there wheels which is a pain in my asshole!

So as I am on a low budget at the moment I wanted to check with you guys about repainting my wheels. Currently they have black centres with polished lip (the paint and poslish are somewhat lacking). So since I am low on the cash I was thinking of just taking my wheels to be sand blasted, then painting my self. Is there any issues with sand blasting to wheels or is it all good?

Cheers Guys
    sigpic

There is no issue with sandblasting wheels.

What are you going to use to paint it?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
      There is no issue with sandblasting wheels.

What are you going to use to paint it?
      Sweet. Don't know yet thinking of going a fluro green color for some fun. What ever I do dose not need to be long lasting as I really want to rebuild the wheels but don't have the cash for that at the moment so this is just some fun for the time being.

I know a good automotive paint shop who can probably hook me up I have the required hardware to paint with. Any recommendations on paint?
      sigpic

Comment

Have you thought about powder coating?

I really want to see someone do some glow in the dark powder coat

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
          Have you thought about powder coating?

I really want to see someone do some glow in the dark powder coat

http://www.caswellplating.com/powder/additives.html
          I like your thinking I will have to get a quote on some powder coating hehehe.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            I like your thinking I will have to get a quote on some powder coating hehehe.
            How'd it go?

Comment

As awesome as glow in the dark would be, would it be legal? Seems to me that it would have the same effect as underglow, but I'm not familar with Australia's laws on such things.

Comment

Yeh I am thinking that. Cops would not no what to do so they will probably just defect it anyways for some reason. Might just go with a rattle can jobby for the moment then.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X