0 offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0 offset

will 0 offset 16 x 8 wheels fit without having to use spacers with stock suspension?
    sigpic
    2007 X3
    1992 M Tech Cabrio
    1988 Cabrio - sold
    2001 X5 - sold
    1997 e36 328 - gave to son

You will probably need to roll with 16x8 et0, spacers would make it worse.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

these are the wheels. I guess I should check with the seller to see if he had his fenders rolled. Are you saying that they would fit fine with no spacers. I have never been clear on the offset thing. I have heard that stock offset for and e30 is +25, +30 and +45. Don't know which is right and if the offset is necessary.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      2007 X3
      1992 M Tech Cabrio
      1988 Cabrio - sold
      2001 X5 - sold

Comment

Offset is extremely necessary. Offset is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. All 8" wide et0 wheels will measure the same, but you can't say that all 8" wide et0 wheels will fit an e30 due to the shape of the back of the spokes.

I'm 95% sure those particular wheels will fit without spacers, but they will stick out way more than stock and might require a fender roll depending on how low your car is. 8" wide et20 is usually a safe bet for e30's without needing a fender roll.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Zero moves the wheel out compared to a stock e30 wheel. Zero means the center of the wheel is the same as the mounting surface to go on the car. et25 means the lip of the wheel will move in 25mm compared to an et0 (offset). You are going from a 6" to 8" wheel and moving the lip out 25mm or so (1") on top of that.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

It will fit with no inner clearance issue.
            Rear fenders must be rolled, especially if you are lowered any amount.
            You should also roll the fronts or the tire will catch fender when you enter driveways or hit bumps at an angle.

I've ran this measuring setup before.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't want to go the rolling route so I will pass on the wheels. The seller is offering a good deal on the wheels so if anyone wants to consider purchasing them, shoot me a pm and I will put you on to the seller. Otherwise, they are posted on craigslist in Gainesville, FL.
              sigpic
              2007 X3
              1992 M Tech Cabrio
              1988 Cabrio - sold
              2001 X5 - sold

Comment

Working...
              X