Factory Radio; Beeps and says "CLEAN"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Radio; Beeps and says "CLEAN"

So I was listening to a cassette on the way to school and the factory deck just started beeping, like when it throws the antitheft code, but it kept doing it. The audio still worked and everything but the beep continued. The deck display read "CLEAN" in the bottom right corner. I figured maybe it means clean the cassette? I ejected the cassette but it persisted till i got to school, which is when I turned off the radio. It didn't occur on the way home but I also didn't put the cassette back in. Anyone had this problem before? Fix?

I don't have a factory manual but I'm sure it's in there, if someone wants to post the radio page that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

These cars came with a tape deck cleaner. I'm sure you've seen them around online. It's a dummy cassette with a solution you put on the felt pad. You put it in and it cleans the head. Old school stuff.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

hmm ok, I'll have to look into them. Thanks!

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

if you can't find the head cleaning cassette... then get on to the head with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and wipe off the head that way...
        that's what i do... works.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
        X