another suspension question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
    and for the koni sa's ill be able to adjust em in the front, but not in the back????? i need 2 pay 100 dollars more 2 be able 2 adjust em in the back???? i thought only m3's needed custom fabrication in the back to be able to adjust them....
    No they are adjustable with just the standard Konis, but you have to remove them from the car to do it. If you buy the more expensive ones from GC, they are adjustable from inside the trunk.

Comment

i kno this is a dumb question but if u got small hands cant u squezee ur hand in there??? and if i did get the ones that are adjustabel form inside the trunk they have 2 cut stuff out 2 make it fit right????? ( ima suspension noob )

Comment

No, they have to come off.

Yes, a small hole must be cut.

Comment

you don't have to take them all the way out.. only if you leave the bump stops in. I decided that there's no chance that I'll ever bottom out the rear shocks on my car, so I removed the bumpstops. now all I have to do is roll the rear tires onto some ramps, undo the 19mm trailing arm bolts, adjust and reconnect.

I wonder what GC is like compared to my suspension.. I'm not sure if it's just the konis, but it can be pretty harsh. thankfully not all the roads here are bad, but there are a few stretches of freeway that are nearly unbearable.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The spring rates for H&R Sports are very, very low in comparison to most GC setups, Nando.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Hehe, I give trunk-adjustable rear shocks a big ol :up:
              I had to wait 3 weeks for mine cause theyw ere out of stock. But I'm lazy and its worth it.

Comment

how much did they cost you from gc??? And let me know how you feal about them..

Comment

bump on the price for the trunk adjustable ones...

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
                    bump on the price for the trunk adjustable ones...
                    Call GC bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal

no they don't, all you really need to do is ditch the bump stop (you'll never need it) and unbolt the lower mount. push in, twist to adjust, and bolt it back up. takes 15 minutes at the most.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        The spring rates for H&R Sports are very, very low in comparison to most GC setups, Nando.
                        yeah, but IX H&R sports aren't the same as other E30 H&R sports. in any case, the konis still make it quite stiff when they are turned up all the way.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You think the iX springs are stiffer?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                            Originally posted by Mystikal

no they don't, all you really need to do is ditch the bump stop (you'll never need it) and unbolt the lower mount. push in, twist to adjust, and bolt it back up. takes 15 minutes at the most.
                            haha, you said that already. Scroll up.

Comment

Working...
                            X