Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnofftheradio
    good idea!
    My dad came up with that one. He's like, okay take the race off.. And I just said, uh how? He told me he's done it that way a few times.

Just have to watch not to catch the spindle with the disc.
    Old and improved:

Comment

I just used a puller to pull the inner race off.

Nick

Comment

I replaced my front wheel bearings recently and got both of them off without them being stuck on the races. The job is really easy actually.

I used the Randy Walters technique of using yanking on the tire as a slide hammer.

I took some pictures and did a writeup:

E36 1998 M3 Coupe - Titanium Silver (M3 Tech Procedures)
        E30 1991 318i - Red (318i Tech Procedures)

Comment

I just did my dirver front wheel bearing and when i took the nut off i could just pull my wheel bearing right off it was so worn out! They are not hard to do if you have air tools. It took me about 20 mins to do mine!

'87 325 (Track Rat)
          '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
          '94 525i (Daily)
          '90 325i (R.I.P)
          H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

well i swaped my bearings, took the entire assembly off of one of my parts cars, the race stayed on the strut, so i used a pickle fork to slide it off, worked like a charm, took me about an hour including removing both struts, makes it much easier when your working on these things on a bench......

Comment

Working...
            X