MegaSquirt losing crank signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MegaSquirt losing crank signal

I recently installed a new 2.9L M20 with Microsquirt v3.0. I'm using the stock 60-2 toothed wheel and having an issue with the crank position sensor at higher RPMs. Once I hit around 3500 RPM, the engine acts like it's bouncing off a rev limiter/fuel cutoff. The tooth logger shows I'm completely losing the signal and counts as a loss of sink. I bridged the shunt resistor in the case, moved the CPS bracket closer to the wheel, and swapped out CPS sensors with another used one.

Any ideas what I should try to check next?

1988 E30 325iC
    sigpic

Do you have a new sensor? I have heard MS is pretty picky and that they benefit from having a Bosch sensor. I have seen others use a decent brand one, but swap to a new Bosch and the issue is resolved.

At a guess though.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Try swapping in a new harmonic balancer. If that doesn't work, try a new engine harness.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Not sure if you're still wondering about the issue but here's a related thread: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...ound-4-800-rpm

Im having the same issue right now with a whodwho megasquirt.

Comment

would have thought that it would be more robust
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
          X